Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My update to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...deferred for quite while...had to reinstall DisplayLink driver as expected. Started testing various apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by machtoo, Feb 21, 2017.

1. machtoo Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

My update to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...deferred for quite while...had to reinstall DisplayLink driver as expected. Started testing various apps. Found out that the update deactivated FSX Gold + Acceleration which was running fine on 1511. I have run FSX for many years. Tried a repair from the DVD which failed every time with an InstallShield error o cannot complete error. I tried an uninstall...was able to unistall Acceleraton pack but FSX itself will not unistall. The process starts but will eventually fails after the initial stage with the InstallShield error . Accel pack will not install as it now thinks FSX is not installed. I am at a loss. I am a 40 year computer technology professional but this one has me stumped. I tried everything on the Internet but nothing has worked. Anyone seen this issue...any fixes?

:)

machtoo, Feb 21, 2017

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator x 32bits/64bits Windows operating system

Holding Microsoft Flight Simulator working fine on Windows 10 PC under 32bits/32bits. Wanted to install above on a new Windows 10 PC

running under Windows 64bits/64bits. by freshly installing FSX.

REFUSED by System 64bits stating unable to install FSX. (stystem)

Does anyone know if FSX runs on 32bits only?

Thanks and hope to by airborne soon again on 64bits PC Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX :)

René C. Wilhelm, Feb 21, 2017
  3. MarkS-H Win User
    1628 failed to complete installation FSX SDK windows 10

I am also having problems using/reinstalling FSX Gold Edition. FSX used to work without problems on Wndows 7 Pro 64bit, but I have recently done the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit and tested the FSX.

It worked ok until I opened another window within FSX (maps, configuration settings, select aircraft, etc. etc.) then the whole screen went black and had to close the FSX program from the task manager.

I eventually decided to uninstall the FSX game to do a fresh install. I ran the
    setup.exe program from the CD as administrator but I get this message each time....

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX [​IMG]

I then tried to do a clean boot using the instructions via the link above and going into the services (via
    msconfig) and disabling the services and restarting the computer.

The tried again the install FSX but the same message appears as above. Now I cannot even install the game!!

Any suggestions?

MarkS-H, Feb 21, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Try installing as administrator in Compatibility Mode say win7 or 8.1?

clam1952, Feb 21, 2017
  5. machtoo Win User
    I have tried different compatibility settings...if I try a repair I get Error 1605: action only valid for installed products. and if I try the Remove I get "Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper. Setup launches but this is as far as it gets.

machtoo, Feb 21, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Long shot but tried installing or uninstalling in safe mode?
    Also, anything obviously missing from before the upgrade such as DX9 or a specific version of Visual C++?
    Just thinking of hoops I've had to jump thorough getting things to work in Win10.
    Tried renaming the install shield folder and the running the installer again? as should recreate it.

clam1952, Feb 21, 2017
  7. machtoo Win User
    Resolved...well it took several steps...had to manually search and delete any Microsoft Flight Simulator entry in the registry related specifically to fsx.exe. This allowed the Remove to work from the DVD. Then reinstalled FSX and activated. Launched and it worked. Then I installed the Acceleration pack. Launched and got the activation error again. Went into the registry and looked for the UpperFilters setting in the MS FSX registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS
    \{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and modified it..deleted the partmgr and typed PartMgr and restarted FSX with Accel Pack, it immediately asked for activation and entered the product key and it activated successfully. This was a 24 hour pain.....but back to normal after the 1607 update.

machtoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX - Similar Threads - Pro 64bit 1607

2. Deactivate FSX

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate FSX: How can I deactivate FSX from one computer to install it on another. Regards Pieter Boosman https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactivate-fsx/e1ccaade-dc30-44ac-abae-e4b5f57f61a0
  3. Windows 10 pro 64bit

Windows 10 pro 64bit: I'm looking for the download link for windows 10 pro 64 bit. All I can find is windows 10 home. I have a key already for windows 10 pro. But I need to wipe my system to install windows 10 it has really old windows atm...
  4. WIndows 10 pro deactivation

WIndows 10 pro deactivation: I have a purchased version of WIndows 10 Pro on my home build. I had built another pc for my kids and used my Windows live login to create an administrator profile on the kids pc. Then I had made some hardware changes to my pc because the mobo had gone bad. Now the Windows on...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update: Hi there ! I have 2 versions of Windows , Home and Pro. I have upgraded Home version to 1903 with no problems. Windows update recognize update automatically and installed it. While opposite at Pro version. Windows update doesn't find anything. So, i have downloaded...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Deactivated

Windows 10 Pro Deactivated: Hi Recently I changed my Laptop and changed it's harddrive and RAM with existing one. Everything went well but my Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated. I also got activation message for Microsoft Office and that got activated without any problem but when my Windows is not...
  7. Windows 10 pro deactivation

Windows 10 pro deactivation: My PC was running fine until today. My version of windows has been deactivated. The trouble shooter says the validation code it's using goes with the Home edition, not the Pro edition I obtained through the upgrade from 8.1 Pro some while ago....
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1607 to 1803 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1607 to 1803 Update Problem: My Dell Venue 8 tablet is currently running 1607 and won't upgrade to 1803 because it needs 8-14 GB of space. I have an SD card with about 50 GB of space but it won't recognize it like it did with previous updates but it does recognize it in file manager. Windows Update...
  9. New 1607 update deactivated my Office 2013

New 1607 update deactivated my Office 2013: Does anyone know why this happened? 1607 was a long update...35 minutes or so! 58819
  10. No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Humble apologies if query as been asked before. On laptop I have Windows 10 Pro installed, and I have had no updates at all since doing a clean install last November, admittedly I do not use the Dell Vostro that much these days, but surely something should have come down the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pro 64 bit deactivated after last update problem