Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit has encrypted my files using EFS and can no longe

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro 64Bit has encrypted my files using EFS and can no longe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have found that some files on an external backup drive have all been encrypted using EFS which I never wanted! Windows 10 Pro 64 bit seems to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by user3006, May 17, 2019.

1. user3006 Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit has encrypted my files using EFS and can no longe

Hello,

I have found that some files on an external backup drive have all been encrypted using EFS which I never wanted! Windows 10 Pro 64 bit seems to have done this and I have no idea how.

I recently decided on a fresh install of Windows 10 using recovery drive on my Laptop. I have a HP Envy laptop (ah0003na), Bit locker was enabled on a full drive encryption but I don't suspect Bit locker would have done this?When I have previously copied files to the external HDD I use robocopy, this has always worked fine and I could use the files on different PCS, but for some reason yesterday it ended up encrypting a bunch of files and I can no longer access them I copied some manually and some using robocopy, I have no recovery key for EFS, I do have the Bit locker recovery key.

My new installation does not have Bitlocker enabled, is there anyway to get these files backup. How have these files become encrypted?

Every file has a padlock icon on it.

:)

user3006, May 17, 2019

2. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Will EFS (Encryption File System) be available and the same?

I don't see anything online about the EFS and Windows 10 Pro. I have Windows 7 Pro and use the Encryption File System. I want to be assured that all will be well after converting to 10 Pro.

BruceHoffmanYC, May 17, 2019
  4. KCGarrett Win User

Windows 10 download folder and Encrypted File System (EFS)

Windows 10 Pro: My downloads folder is set to encrypt (EFS). Files downloaded to the download folder are NOT encrypted. This started becoming a problem in Windows 8.1. Problem was sporadic. In Windows 10 problem is now 100%. No file downloaded to
    this folder is encrypted. How can I get Windows 10 to observe the "encrypt contents" attribute of this folder?

KCGarrett, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro 64Bit has encrypted my files using EFS and can no longe - Similar Threads - Pro 64Bit has

2. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  3. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  4. EFS encrypted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS encrypted files: I don't have the encryption certificate but seem to have the encryption file key on a USB drive. Is there a way to recover a deleted certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-encrypted-files/7e1a837d-3e08-4156-8e6f-f3b71ecc89d4
  5. EFS encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFS encrypted files: I don't have the encryption certificate but seem to have the encryption file key on a USB drive. Is there a way to recover a deleted certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-encrypted-files/7e1a837d-3e08-4156-8e6f-f3b71ecc89d4
  6. EFS encrypted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. copying EFS files encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying EFS files encrypted files: Hello,i am studying for the md-100 exam and came across this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-copying-moving-files/a013bd25-fca9-475c-a4aa-15b8e2de3b51Here it states that any user can move encrypted files on the same drive.However ik tested this...
  8. copying EFS files encrypted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    copying EFS files encrypted files: Hello,i am studying for the md-100 exam and came across this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-copying-moving-files/a013bd25-fca9-475c-a4aa-15b8e2de3b51Here it states that any user can move encrypted files on the same drive.However ik tested this...
  9. How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10: [ATTACH] EFS Encryption is present in Windows OS out of the box. It is shipped together with BitLocker encryption that is also shipped out of the box. Though they work in the same manner, the main difference between the two is [...] This post How to encrypt files with EFS...
  10. Encrypt Files and Folders with EFS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Encrypt Files and Folders with EFS in Windows 10: How to: Encrypt Files and Folders with EFS in Windows 10 How to Encrypt Files and Folders with Encrypting File System (EFS) in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 has encripted my documents