Windows 10: [WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried...

Discus and support [WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello everyone! As said in the title, Windows Store and xbox app downloads barely reach 100 KB/s and keep stopping, whereas my usual download speed is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheCannibalPony, Oct 7, 2019.

1. [WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried...

Hello everyone!

As said in the title, Windows Store and xbox app downloads barely reach 100 KB/s and keep stopping, whereas my usual download speed is around 70 MB/s. I have tried downloading a steam title to the disk where I want to download the Windows Store app, and it got to the maximum download speed, so neither my internet nor my ssd seem to be at fault here.

I'm on a desktop PC, not a laptop, and I'm connected to my router by an ethernet cable, so no wi-fi related issues. My ethernet driver is up to date, and as I said all of the other internet-consuming programs get to the maximum download speed when they need to.
    I've been scouring the web for hours and i've tried a lot of different fixes, which i'll now list.

LIST OF THE FIXES I'VE TRIED, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

-Changing the distribution optimization settings, both in the windows update settings and in the group policy editor
    -Typing wsreset in an admin command prompt
    - typing netsh int ip reset in an admin command prompt
    -typing ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /release and ipconfig /flushdns in an admin command prompt. My DNS is the google one (8888 - 8844)
    -Resetting windows store and the xbox app from the apprpriate system settings submenu (apps/microsoft store/advanced settings/reset)
    -Running the troubleshooter on windows update and the windows store apps: both say there's nothing wrong.
    -Changing the downloading mode to internet in the group policy editor
    -Stopping the windows update service, renaming c:/windows/SoftwareDistribution in SoftwareDistributionOLD and restarting the windows update service
    -Restarting my router

Can anyone help me? Have a great day even if you can't!

:)

TheCannibalPony, Oct 7, 2019

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Oct 7, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

[WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried...

Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

[WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried...

1. [WINDOWS 10 PRO 64bits] Windows Store and XBOX app download speed is extremely slow, tried... - Similar Threads - PRO 64bits Store

2. Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed: I'm stuck at 60% downloading and I had very fast Internet and I'm using wired Internet PLEASE FIX ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-extremely-slow-download-speed/0e9aaa3d-81d7-4ccc-b037-9d2a5ea162e8
  3. Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed: I'm stuck at 60% downloading and I had very fast Internet and I'm using wired Internet PLEASE FIX ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-extremely-slow-download-speed/0e9aaa3d-81d7-4ccc-b037-9d2a5ea162e8
  4. Xbox App slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App slow download speed: Hello, my download speed is 100/MBPS but in the Xbox app I always get around 2.5 to 4 MBPS. Tried the fixes on the internet and forums but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-slow-download-speed/a8f12b9c-8209-41b9-ab24-a68e9e160baf
  5. Xbox App slow download speed

Xbox App slow download speed: Hello, my download speed is 100/MBPS but in the Xbox app I always get around 2.5 to 4 MBPS. Tried the fixes on the internet and forums but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-slow-download-speed/a8f12b9c-8209-41b9-ab24-a68e9e160baf
  6. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  7. Download speed on one windows extremely slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed on one windows extremely slow?: My internet speed on my PC is incredibly slow. It’s showing a 0.1 mbps download speed, but the upload speed remains normal. I don’t have a wifi card installed, so i’m using the motherboards ethernet port, but I also tested it through the USB 3.0 ports with the same result....
  8. Extremely slow download speeds on Xbox app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow download speeds on Xbox app: I got the Xbox games pass, I know it is beta, but I tried to d Enter the Gungeon but it doenl at 200 kb/s, while my internet is 24 megabit per seconds. Do anyone know how to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/ProDevGuy [link] [comments]...
  9. slow download speeds for Windows 10 Store apps

slow download speeds for Windows 10 Store apps: I have a limited internet data plan. My ISP only gives a few hours of high speed internet access which I pay a premium price. Some Win10 apps download at speeds of up to 7MB per second. But the big apps of over 1GB the download speed is less then 1MB and sometimes stops...
  10. Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10: I recently downloaded Windows 10 and am having awful download speeds compared to what they were with Windows 7. With Windows 7 I averaged about 9.8MB/s. With Windows 10 I am getting 400KB/s max. At one point after restarting steam, the download went all the way up to...