Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My workstation crashed and I rebuilt it with the same Windows 10 pro license key. I want to upgrade back to Windows Workstation Pro but do not know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RandyCoker1, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

My workstation crashed and I rebuilt it with the same Windows 10 pro license key. I want to upgrade back to Windows Workstation Pro but do not know how to retrieve the key from purchase history under my Microsoft Account. How do I get the key? On my account it shows in the purchase history with no key listed. That should be proof of purchase.

:)

RandyCoker1, Jan 24, 2021

2. Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Hi,

I bought Windows 10 Pro retail product key from Amazon. It works well. I also linked it to my Microsoft account ("windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account")

After that, I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstation in Windows Store. But I do not receive any product key for Windows 10 Pro for workstation.

If somehow I reinstall or install on other computer, how can I activate Windows 10 Pro for Workstation ? I supposed I can transfer the license of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to other computer, am I right ?

Lương Minh Trí, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Microsoft to Introduce Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs

Microsoft is seemingly going to introduce another version of their Windows 10 operating system. After introducing Windows 10 S earlier in the year, followed by the "Chinafinitive" Windows 10 China Government Edition, the company is seemingly responding to specific market demands of professionals and enterprises. The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs (which was first leaked by Microsoft itself through an erroneous upload to the Insider Program) will apparently come in two variants, a standard variant, and the N variant, which is built to comply with EU regulations.

The new Windows 10 Pro for Workstation PCs will introduce ReFS, the successor to the tried and true NTFS file system. The new ReFS is designed for fault-tolerance and is optimized for handling large data volume, including auto-correcting capabilities and backwards-compatibility with NTFS. Additionally, Microsoft is baking in SMB Direct protocol file sharing in Windows 10 Pro for Workstation which allows for high throughput, low latency and low CPU utilization when accessing network shares. It will also introduce support for systems with up to four CPUs (up from Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro dual CPU limit) and 6 TB of RAM.

Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro 616dcdd0eadc_thm.jpg

Source: ETeknix

Raevenlord, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations full install choice

Just bought the Windows 10 Pro for Workstations version and I do not see "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" in the list within the
    Media Creation Tool. I loaded Windows 10 Pro than put the activation key in later. Is there a full "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" download or is this way to
    install just as good?

Thanks

George

GeorgeClasen, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

1. Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro - Similar Threads - Pro activated upgraded

2. Activation/upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro for workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation/upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro for workstation: My current PC is running on a purchased retail version of Windows 11 Pro. Recently i purchased from the MS Store the upgrade for windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations. The purchased is completed successfully and is being reflected on my MS Account online. But till today more...
  3. Activation/upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro for workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation/upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro for workstation: My current PC is running on a purchased retail version of Windows 11 Pro. Recently i purchased from the MS Store the upgrade for windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations. The purchased is completed successfully and is being reflected on my MS Account online. But till today more...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on my personal laptop. I have options to upgrade to Windows 11 for free, but I don't know if Windows 11 will be Windows 11 Pro for Workstations. How to confirm this? I only want to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on my personal laptop. I have options to upgrade to Windows 11 for free, but I don't know if Windows 11 will be Windows 11 Pro for Workstations. How to confirm this? I only want to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

8. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?: Hello, Microsoft community! I have 4 workstations and 1 notebook that all have Windows 7 Pro installed. 1. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free? If yes, how and what do I need? > I'm a bit confused because I see blog posts saying that you can still upgrade...
  9. WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR WORKSTATIONS ACTIVATION

WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR WORKSTATIONS ACTIVATION: I recently bought a Lenovo P51 mobile workstation which had a pre installed windows 10 pro for workstations key. Due to some software issues, i had to format my laptop and after a clean installation of windows 10 pro, I entered the original key that came in BIOS ( I had used...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations How to Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations [img] Information edition of Windows 10 Pro, comes with unique support for server grade PC hardware and is designed to meet demanding...