Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; OK, here is one that falls in the really ODD world books. As reported by one of our staff. The PC, an HP all in one, Windows 10 Pro. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Timothy Linde, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??

OK, here is one that falls in the really ODD world books.

As reported by one of our staff.

The PC, an HP all in one, Windows 10 Pro.

The issue reported was/is.

My computer is prompting me to activate Windows 10 Pro. When I try to troubleshoot the activation I get the following message:

Troubleshooting found a digital license on the system running Windows 10 Pro, to activate it please install Windows 10 Pro.

It looks like Windows 10 Pro is already installed on this computer. I’m not sure if this is something I can take care of myself with a product code or someone from automation need to come by and do it?

Now I connected remotely to the system, checked and sure enough has the Activation needed overlay in the corner.

Went though and at the command line tried to display the key, which came back as only the first segment of a key.

Ran a key retrieval program, pulled back a key that would not activate, also different first segment.

Ran a program that pulled back the Bios key. also different than either

At the command line ran the commands to clear, flush, remove the key and changed it to the bios key and ran the activation command.

Went flawlessly, results said it activated and the system seemed fine, the end user would need to reboot the next day to make sure.

Was just reported that the PC in question, back to the same issue.

Virus scans have been run, caches cleared, etc.

Next step would be to reload and go on, but it would be nice to know the cause and fix steps just in case.

We have others of this model in use for both staff and public.

No other incidents even close to this has been reported.

Something within windows has either not release the original key or accepted the new key.

All the known command line yes as administrator have been run.

Ideas, clue thoughts?

:)

Timothy Linde, Sep 14, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..??

1. Windows 10 Pro, Activated but not activated..?? - Similar Threads - Pro Activated activated

2. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro: Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-cannot-activate-windows-10-pro/dd319a36-b696-45b8-9b89-6ec126ff7bb5
  3. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro: Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-cannot-activate-windows-10-pro/dd319a36-b696-45b8-9b89-6ec126ff7bb5
  4. Activation Windows, Cannot activate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 pro activation

windows 10 pro activation: plz help me any one how can i active my windows 10 pro plz help me i dont know my product key i installed windows 10 pro from internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation/d08dfb30-47f1-4449-863a-3538514b2ffe"
  6. Windows 10 pro activation

Windows 10 pro activation: I bought and Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 home and upgraded to pro through the Microsoft store. Neither the email or the store have a way for me to retrieve the product key. I need it because some how my PC upgraded to enterprise and will not activate. Thank you in...
  7. windows 10 pro activation

windows 10 pro activation: Hi. I can't activate my windows 10 pro, because the error kode, 0x8007007B, pops up. What must I do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation/16c18a01-4af1-4779-bd21-25d66340a7d5"
  8. WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT ACTIVATING

WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT ACTIVATING: I bought this laptop with Windows 10 pro installed on it and I was under the impression that it was permanent. My Activation status is sitting as "windows is not activated use your organizations activation server" I have no organization and can not access an organization...
  9. Activate Windows 10 Pro

Activate Windows 10 Pro: Helloo There, I cant activate my product Key in the new PC, it's brand new and OEM. I have also all the new package for the new cd and the label for the new fresh product key and I scratched by myself and I'm sure wasn't installed before in any device. Please help and if...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Activation

Windows 10 Pro Activation: Hey all, I just purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store and when I go into Activation under Settings it says it cannot activate. Is there some way for Windows to finally acknowledge my digital license or do I need to purchase that separately? There is no option...