Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got myself into a pickle. I have an older Dell XPS PC circa 2015 that was running Windows 10 Home. I also have a laptop that is also running windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brandon McNearney, May 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC

I got myself into a pickle. I have an older Dell XPS PC circa 2015 that was running Windows 10 Home. I also have a laptop that is also running windows 10 Home. I meant to upgrade the Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and not the desktop. I had already wiped the Desktop's hard drives in trying to fix this issue. However, Windows 10 will not activate on my Laptop. I've reinstalled windows 10 home on my desktop with the old Key I have for the machine but I do not know how to fix this. I have a feeling I need to speak to someone. I do not want to spend another $200 just to get another key. I have a second desktop AMD Custom built PC that is already running windows 10 Pro. I want to be able to remote into my AMD desktop from my laptop.

The DELL Desktop is outdated hardware wise and I am debating on what to do with it.

How do I recover the Key on my Dell Desktop and I have no problems wiping the drive again if necessary. I have the following available:

2x RETAIL Window 10 Pro Key currently being used on DELL Desktop and AMD Desktop

1x RETAIL Windows 10 Home Key Was being used on Dell Laptop but I attempted to upgrade to home.

:)

Brandon McNearney, May 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, May 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC

1. Windows 10 Pro activated on the wrong PC - Similar Threads - Pro activated wrong

2. my pc windows 10 pro was not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc windows 10 pro was not active: pc windows 10 pro was not active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-pro-was-not-active/ada978da-21ed-4550-8d6c-491777d06946
  3. my pc windows 10 pro was not active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc windows 10 pro was not active: pc windows 10 pro was not active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-pro-was-not-active/ada978da-21ed-4550-8d6c-491777d06946
  4. my pc windows 10 pro was not active

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 activated with wrong edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activated with wrong edition: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop after replacing the SSD. The mother board on the laptop is still the same.The laptop came with a Windows 10 Pro license which it had on installed on the old SSD.After installing Windows on a new SSD and logging in with the same...
  6. Windows 10 activated with wrong edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 activated with wrong edition: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop after replacing the SSD. The mother board on the laptop is still the same.The laptop came with a Windows 10 Pro license which it had on installed on the old SSD.After installing Windows on a new SSD and logging in with the same...
  7. Activating Windows 10 Pro On New PC

Activating Windows 10 Pro On New PC: Okay so I just got a new PC and logged into my Microsoft account. On my old computer a surface pro before I got this new pc I have windows 10 pro activated. But when I logged onto my new pc with that same Microsoft account it won't activate pro, it just stays as windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 Activated on Wrong Email

Windows 10 Activated on Wrong Email: Hello, I purchased Windows 10 for a friend, but I accidentally helped him install it under my own email. Is there a way to restore this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activated-on-wrong-email/bec532ae-2f0c-4560-a437-a5439e809b86
  9. Windows 10 are identifying the wrong version of windows (pro, home) activation id

Windows 10 are identifying the wrong version of windows (pro, home) activation id: Greetings everyone, I have an issue with my Windows 10 licence. I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate machine to windows 10 pro for free, and everything was working correctly. 4 months ago i upgraded my HDD drive to SSD and i installed windows on it. The licence was automatically...
  10. Windows 10 Activation gone wrong ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation gone wrong ?: Well, a couplle of years ago i bought a key for the Windows 8 pro edition and i later upgraded to W10 Pro no problem. Now all of sudden , 3 or 4 years later it appears that my windows is no longer activaded and it says that i now own an Windows 10 Home version ?? Please...