Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. My old laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I subsequently paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trevo, Aug 12, 2020.

1. trevo Win User

Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed.

My old laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I subsequently paid to upgrade to Win 10 Pro.

I'd like to use Win 10 pro on the new machine and revert to Win 10 Home on the old.

Is this possible?

Any help or advice appreciated.

:)

trevo, Aug 12, 2020

2. Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

Perform a direct clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the new machine, then use your Windows 8 Pro key to reactivate:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Then use chat support to reactivate:

Resources: How
    to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
  4. JustRay Win User

Why does my Windows 10 pro machine have thee active networks listed

Thanks for the reply.
    Here is a screen shot from "Winver" as well as a screen shot of my "Basic network information" screen.
    I know that my pc is using the network, named "NETWORK".
    I have figured out (found on the Internet) how to delete those other two networks that got created somehow.
    But I can't figure out why they were created (Thanks for your comments) not how to prevent them from being re-created on the pc restart following their deletion.
    Thanks for any additional insights and suggestions.

Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine [​IMG]

Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine [​IMG]

JustRay, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine - Similar Threads - Pro Activating Machine

2. How to re-activate Windows 10 on a new machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-activate Windows 10 on a new machine: I have a PC running on Windows 10 Pro N. As this machine is not eligible to Windows 11 I bought a new one. One the new one Windows 11 was preinstalled. After multiple tries, I finally succeed to install the version corresponding to my licence : Windows 10 pro N.Each PC is now...
  3. How to re-activate Windows 10 on a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-activate Windows 10 on a new machine: I have a PC running on Windows 10 Pro N. As this machine is not eligible to Windows 11 I bought a new one. One the new one Windows 11 was preinstalled. After multiple tries, I finally succeed to install the version corresponding to my licence : Windows 10 pro N.Each PC is now...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  5. Activate Windows.10 on new machine

Activate Windows.10 on new machine: My window machine totally not functioning. I get another machine and hoping to activate Windows using the faulty machine Windows product code which is Windows 8 pro upgraded to Windows 10. However, i can't get it activated on the new machine. I contacted mircosoft customer...
  6. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine: Hi all, I just created a clean installation of Win10 Pro on a new PC system. I attempted to use my license key, which worked just fine on my old system a few days ago. I had anticipated it would work here, too. But as I understand it from the help pages, a license key...
  7. Activating windows on a mostly new machine

Activating windows on a mostly new machine: Hey! So i just upgraded my computer to a new processor, motherboard, and ram. I'm still using the same drives from the old machine but i did reinstall windows. I am now getting asked to reactivate windows... i know about the reactivate windows on new hardware thing but this...
  8. Virtual Machine Activity - Windows 10 Pro Updates

Virtual Machine Activity - Windows 10 Pro Updates: So... within the past week, I've initiated restarts to complete the installation of numerous updates. From what I've experienced from past updates, I've come to conclude that its not unusual to discover a system service or other system component running in the background...
  9. New Machine can't activate Windows 10

New Machine can't activate Windows 10: Hi, I just built a new machine and I am trying to activate Windows 10. So new motherboard, hard drive, everything except power supply, video card and case is new. My old machine (now in part to be sold or given to my kids) was originally Windows 7 upgraded for free to...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro Retail (Upgraded from Win 7 Pro Retail) currently installed in desktop I wish to sell. The issue is that the buyer is not interested in purchasing the OS so I will be removing the SSD it is currently installed on. What is the best way to...