Windows 10: Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key

Discus and support Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After 30 minutes on the phone with MS support, calling from abroad, costing me € 25 .. the call was suddenly terminated. The person on the other side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emanuel23456, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key

After 30 minutes on the phone with MS support, calling from abroad, costing me € 25 .. the call was suddenly terminated.

The person on the other side told me my key was valid, but I still can not get my Win 10 pro activated.

I have my original Windows 7 pro key here, and changed mobo + cpu.

What can I do ..

:)

Emanuel23456, Apr 10, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Apr 10, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional genuine license keys with Lifetime Validity

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Apr 10, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Yet it didn't, hence the suggestion. But again, if you have the Pro key you could use that.

And that link bro67 posted is a clear a mud so hopefully he understands what he posted it and can apply it to your issue.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key

1. Windows 10 pro activation after mobo+CPU change - I have my Win 7 pro key - Similar Threads - pro activation mobo+CPU

2. Activation error after MOBO CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation error after MOBO CPU change: Been using this key since 2015, changed the mobo a couple times already. Never had a problem. This week I finally got a new CPU and a new mobo and have an issue activating Windows 11 Pro: Error 0xC004C060HelpATTTiago Gass...
  3. Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD: Hi there, can one not use the Windows 7 product key to activate a Win 10 version? My Win 7 version on my old Dell laptop says Pro OA MEA and was shipped with the laptop back then. Am now trying to activate Windows 10 both Pro on a completely new system Can I for some...
  4. Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key: We are upgrading multiple pc's to Windows 10 from 7 and when using the Windows 7 key and it works fine. Just want to know if this is legit? Thanks...
  5. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  6. Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change: Hi I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after motherboard change. PC is HP Pavilion PC originally with Windows 7 Home Premium OA India with Product Key available on the Pack. Later I had opted for automatic upgrade to Windows 10 and unfortunately I do not remember whether or...
  7. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key

Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key: Hi all, From what I understand, we could use our existing Windows 7/8.1 product key to activate a Windows 10 product. I have been receiving error code : 0xC004C003 when using my genuine Windows Pro 7 key though. The installed Windows 10 is the Pro version. Any help...
  10. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...