Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I had Pro previously installed, but I think it was from the free upgrade. The device was linked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidMcAdam1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence...

Hi All,

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I had Pro previously installed, but I think it was from the free upgrade. The device was linked to my account. And when logging into my account it shows as Pro. But when trying to activate the device if get the error saying I only have a digital licence for Home.

Is there a way around this or do I need to do a fresh install of Home?

Cheers,

Dave

:)

DavidMcAdam1, Dec 22, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 22, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence...

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Good day

My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly.

Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version.

Please advise how this is possible and what could be the cause of this, I have activated many machines without fail in this regard but today suddenly things changed?

Please revert with reasons and a fix to resolve urgently to activate the Pro version which is what I require.

Regards

Michael Cloete, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence...

1. Windows 10 Pro Activation - clean install not activating - says I only have digital licence... - Similar Threads - Pro Activation clean

2. Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence: Hi I am having a Problem activating a Windows 10 digital Licence, my HDD went caput so have bought a new one , I installed windows 10 on it from a friends retail disc and went through the set up and everything went fine, it loaded all the updates , then it asked me to sign...
  3. Windows saying its not activated when i have a digital licence

Windows saying its not activated when i have a digital licence: My windows is saying about every 5 days that its not activated, but it doesn't show the watermark and i have had this computer for 9 months now and the problem started about 3 weeks ago, I can fix the problem by pressing troubleshoot button in the activation section and it...
  4. "Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it

"Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it: I recently bought some old hardware to build a PC. Almost all parts except the hard drive and GPU is bought second hand. The hard drive is from a old HP PC which had Windows 7 preinstalled by HP, but I deleted all partitions including the "System Recovery" partition before...
  5. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  6. Problem in windows activation with digital licence after clean installation of windows 10...

Problem in windows activation with digital licence after clean installation of windows 10...: I had windows 10 version 1903 installed on my PC, last day I decided to upgrade it into leatest version 1909. I downloaded windows 10 version 1909 through media creation tool. I perform clean installation of windows 10 pro version 1909 .When I start installation I click on “I...
  7. say I have digital licence but not activated

say I have digital licence but not activated: I am getting same problem it was upgraded from 8.1 ran all above it keeps giving the error and says trouble shoot which say it has a digital licnce upgrade now it reboot and still the same ------------------ Licensing Data ---------------- ToolVersion : 10.0.18362.1...
  8. I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.

I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.: Hello there. I have a digital Windows 10 license. Before the format, I had an original Windows. When I installed Windows again, I thought it would match and activate my Microsoft account, but it didn't. I click "Troubleshoot" and "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...
  10. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...