Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Back in 2015, I had a digital license of Windows 7 Professional and used it to activate a custom built PC. When Windows 10 went live and offered free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by svrndmngjr, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate

Back in 2015, I had a digital license of Windows 7 Professional and used it to activate a custom built PC. When Windows 10 went live and offered free upgrades, I upgraded mine to Windows 10 PRO and it was activated successfully. I have reformatted my PC several times since then, and it was always reactivated as I used the same motherboard, processor, ram, and main drive. I have upgraded my GPU in 2017 and have added more hard drive storage as well, but Windows 10 still was activated. I've only noticed now (November 8, 2018) that Windows 10 is asking me to activate. When I check troubleshoot, it says it found a Windows 10 HOME digital license and asked me to reformat to the HOME version to have my Windows activated. But back in past during the free upgrade, windows 7 PROFESSIONAL was allowed to update to windows 10 PRO. How can I fix this?

:)

svrndmngjr, Nov 8, 2018

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate
    it). After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows.

Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate Store.24.png

Go to Store

The "Learn more" page referred to does not help as I have just followed the steps listed on that page to get to where I am now.

Phil Brent, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate

1. Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate - Similar Threads - PRO activation asks

2. Windows 10 Pro not reactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro not reactivating: So I changed the ssd from my desktop to my laptop and then reactivated it from my laptop. Then i put it back on the pc and now windows does not want to activate....
  3. Windows 10 Pro not reactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro not reactivating: So I changed the ssd from my desktop to my laptop and then reactivated it from my laptop. Then i put it back on the pc and now windows does not want to activate....
  4. Windows asking for reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking for reactivation: I upgraded my motherboard some months ago and windows did not ask for reactivation. I think I also used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 before switching. This week it asked my for the product key, which I entered the one I had for windows 8.1 and it was...
  5. Windows 10 pro reactivation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro reactivation: So recently my current computer with windows 10 pro has become deactivated. This is because the manufacturer used a volume licence and now windows can't find the manufacturer's activation server. I also have my old windows 7 "home prem oa" laptop computer.These are the steps...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 pro

Reactivate windows 10 pro: I just bought a new gaming pc with windows 10 home installed however my old pc has windows 10 pro and i'm wondering how to transfer my pro edition to my new pc...I've been looking online all day but I need someone to help me step by step I have no product key my licence is...
  7. Windows 10 pro isn't activated, activate windows now

Windows 10 pro isn't activated, activate windows now: About 3 years ago I got a laptop with windows 10 pro already on it as a gift. A few months ago a watermark saying "Windows isn't activated, activate windows now" popped up and is still saying I have a non-genuine version of windows 10 pro. When I go to settings > activation...
  8. Reactivation of windows 10 Pro

Reactivation of windows 10 Pro: q : how can I Reactivation of windows 10 Pro-error code (0x803fa06 7) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro/7b6a352d-dcc1-42bf-96cf-0f4fc31df87e"
  9. windows 10 pro keeps asking for reactivation everyday ..... ?

windows 10 pro keeps asking for reactivation everyday ..... ?: why is windows asking e to reactivate every day even 2 or 3 times a day / please help i upgraded from 8 pro to 10 pro . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-keeps-asking-for-reactivation/4b499c94-9e2d-4f79-b4da-645ce167a86b
  10. reactivation of Windows 10 Pro

reactivation of Windows 10 Pro: Hi. Windows is telling me that I need to reactivate. On the Activation page in Settings, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I have absolutely no idea what this means. I bought this pc second-hand, with Win 10 Pro already installed,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Pro 1903 is activated but keeps asking for activation code

2. i had a free update to windows 10 pro and now it is asking for activation