Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello folks, I'm having problems activating Windows 10 Pro on my newly built PC. Please help me. I need this computer to be functional by Saturday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by raichichi, Dec 17, 2020.

1. raichichi Win User

Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems

Hello folks,

I'm having problems activating Windows 10 Pro on my newly built PC. Please help me. I need this computer to be functional by Saturday.

Issue: I cannot activate my Windows 10 Pro digital license.

My knowledge level

This is my first time installing an OS on a custom PC. It is possible I am making a very simple mistake. Detailed explanations and step-by-step instructions are appreciated.

Background

I installed Windows 10 from a USB stick which I prepared using the installation media creating tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 . As far as I can tell, everything went well. I was able to install the OS and connect to the internet.

I purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from the Microsoft Store App through my PC. I clicked the install button as indicated after the purchase confirmation window and then attempted to activate my copy of Windows 10. I received a notification that my software had been successfully activated, but for "Windows 10 Home" and not "Windows 10 Pro".

I thought maybe I was missing an update which was causing problems, so I checked for any available updates and installed them. After restarting my computer, my activation state reverted to un-activated. Even more confusingly, my Windows specifications page now states that my edition is "Windows 10 Enterprise".

Any help is thoroughly appreciated. I've never asked for advice from a forum like this and am not sure what to expect. Thanks in advance.

:)

raichichi, Dec 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems - Similar Threads - Pro Activation Problems

2. Windows 10 pro activation problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro activation problem: I have bought the windows 10 pro and for few months it run well but now it started to show windows activation watermark and I cant remove it.. But when I restart the pc the watermark vanishes ...but at the fresh start of the pc again watermarks pop up.. Can anyone help me...
  3. WINDOWS 10 PRO ACTIVATION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 PRO ACTIVATION PROBLEM: My HP ProBook 430G6 is new but due to some problem Motherboard is changed. After reinstalling Windows 10 Pro activation is showing as 'Window is activated using your organization's activation service but initially the windows was activated digitally. please know how can I...
  4. windows 10 pro activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro activation problem: i try to activate my windows 10 pro version several times but i failed to activte by showing the error code : 0x8007232B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-problem/a8268006-d634-4229-9dcb-113f158a2c98
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems

Windows 10 Pro Activation Problems: Hello, I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 running an activated windows 10 home. I read that I could use the product key from my old xps running windows 7 pro to upgrade my new xps to windows 10 pro, which worked, but then it wasn't activated so I entered the generic win 10 pro...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activation Problem

Windows 10 Pro Activation Problem: A few days back i Installed a copy of Windows 10 Pro on my Pc. Now i am trying to activate windows on my Pc but it is showing Error Code: 0x8007232B. It says that : We can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make...
  7. Activation problems with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation problems with Windows 10 Pro: I built a new computer recently and am transferring my registered copy of Win 10 Pro to the new computer. I copied the product id from the information on the old one thinking that was the Win 10 serial number but it is only 20 digits since I got the free upgrade from when I...
  8. Problem with activating windows 10 pro

Problem with activating windows 10 pro: Hello there I need some help here with my issue please, I have a windows 10 pro activation key and it was working perfectly for over the last year. I am using parallel 13 on my Mackbook pro. recently I formatted the laptop including the Mac OS, and now I am unable to...
  9. Windows 10 Pro activation problem

Windows 10 Pro activation problem: fresh installation with newly brought windows 10Pro in my new laptop, installation went ok, but after installing updates, while I was personalizing my PC, I noticed the error message Windows is not activated. I followed the troubleshooting step by Step, but same issue....
  10. windows 10 pro activation problem

windows 10 pro activation problem: please how do i find out the compatible product key for the windows am runing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-problem/2f8448db-0e05-4b65-bf72-09553f3cb502"