Windows 10: Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

Discus and support Windows 10 pro activation with digital key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i recently upgraded my SSD and CPU in my old pc, when reinstalling windows it refused to activate windows, i tried calling support 3 times. every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanoshiShinto, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

So i recently upgraded my SSD and CPU in my old pc, when reinstalling windows it refused to activate windows, i tried calling support 3 times. every time i got some one that literally could barely understand. All i could understand from the last person is i needed to install windows 7 ultimate that i upgraded from way back in like 2015.

This shouldn't be a issue because i have done a complete new system and brought windows over.

What can i do in this situation since phone support is horrible.

i have thought about buying a oem key but why spend money on something i already own. and im for sure not buying a key from Microsoft.

:)

TanoshiShinto, Sep 23, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Sep 23, 2019
  3. tigger Win User

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 23, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

1. Windows 10 pro activation with digital key. - Similar Threads - pro activation digital

2. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  3. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  4. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License: Hi, I am using PC with genuine Windows 7 Pro. I have change the HDD of the PC to SSD and reactivate the windows to Windows 10 Pro using the installer that I download from windows installation media tool- https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 . I click I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop: I have a Windows 10 Pro activated license on my old computer, I recently bought a new Laptop which comes with Windows 11 Home installed, I want to upgrade the new Laptops license to Windows 11 Pro using the Old computers key so that I can wipe the old one and sell it. The key...
  7. Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro digital license key activation on new laptop: I have a Windows 10 Pro activated license on my old computer, I recently bought a new Laptop which comes with Windows 11 Home installed, I want to upgrade the new Laptops license to Windows 11 Pro using the Old computers key so that I can wipe the old one and sell it. The key...
  8. Digital copy of Windows 10 Pro not activating

Digital copy of Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi, I received a work laptop but ordered an ASUS gaming laptop. With this laptop I received Windows 10 Home. I decided then to upgrade the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro via Microsoft Store using my personal account and will then claim back the costs. The transaction...
  9. Windows activation and digital keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation and digital keys: Hi I have a Lenovo Z50 laptop which originally had Win 8.1 installed I upgraded free to Win 10 but after an update maybe 2 months ago everything went wrong, I had a black screen no curser, no control, no access, I had to do the three forced shutdowns to reset and now I have...
  10. Digital activation key

Digital activation key: Where can I find the digital activation key? I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and have just had to reinstall the software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-activation-key/bdf54bcf-5912-4802-b53f-8f3c9eed6b82"