Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello community, I have recently installed Windows 10 PRO N using the .iso image downloaded from Microsoft website. I work in the Technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GuidoVallerotto, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence

Hello community,

I have recently installed Windows 10 PRO N using the .iso image downloaded from Microsoft website. I work in the Technical University of Madrid UPM where they provide Windows licence to all the workers.

Unfortunately, when I tried to activate it following the UPM administrator instructions using cscript from command line, it gave me an error because the version I installed is not the one officially provided by the university I believe it is the Core Edition.

I tried to install the UPM version over mine with the option of maintaining files and applications but it was not possible because the installed version is 1909 and the .iso of the UPM is the 1803.

Is there the possibility to activate the current version of Windows 10 PRO using the UPM licence? I would rather avoid to carry out a fresh installation because I spent a considerable amount of time installing software and configuring the machine.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

All the best,

Guido

:)

GuidoVallerotto, Mar 24, 2020
  2. aradne Win User

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Licence entitlement

Hi, thank you, this is what I was looking for.

You do good work here, thank you.

Nicholas

You can transfer the license to another computer though:

• How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

btw: this Licence transfer I am trying to do is for my brother who is living in China and I am not sure what kind of Licence this is. So some history. I bought this PC along 4 others from a Recycling depot with the Windows 7 Pro Licences restuck with cellotape
      onto the sides of the cases. I activated all the Licences before the free Windows 10 upgrade ended and all upgraded ok.

The numbers on this Licence is 548048-001 and the licence is labelled HP.

So I am now guessing they are all activated a second time on the computers I bought.

So maybe they will not activate again for my brother.

Spwiggles88, Mar 24, 2020
  4. TRWOV Win User

Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence

Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

If you want to upgrade from a Windows 8 license you must install W8, upgrade, get your W10 key and only after that you'll be able to do a clean install of W10.

As for the status of the licences... MS hasn't been straigforward about that... they're using weird wording saying that W10 will remain "activated as long as the hardware is supported" which doesn't actually answer anything.

Remember that for the W10 preview activation you need to install with a Microsoft Account that has been registered on the Windows Insider Program.

TRWOV, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence

1. Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence - Similar Threads - PRO activation university

2. Windows 10 licence and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 licence and activation: Hi, I need to transfer Windows 10 licence from a person who left the company to my account, and further, I need to activate Windows. What are the steps to follow?...
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation problem volume licence distribution, KMSCLIENT

Windows 10 Pro activation problem volume licence distribution, KMSCLIENT: Hello everyone, so i have a problem avtivating windows 10 on my laptop, i have had it for like 6 months or so, and my licence expired, i have searched a lot on this topic, and have learned that i have a mass distributed licence version that is hosted by my organization that i...
  4. Windows Pro Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro Licence: Hi I am in the process of changing my laptop. My current machine was upgraded to windows 10 Pro. Would it be possible to transfer my Pro licence to my new machine the new machine came with Windows 10 Home...
  5. Active Windows 10 with University email

Active Windows 10 with University email: Hello I am a student and I get my email from the university I tried to use this email to activate my office and it works but when I am using the same email address to activate my windows 10 this message comes out That Microsoft account doesn't exist. how can I...
  6. Activation of Pro Licence

Activation of Pro Licence: I upgraded my Windows Home licence directly through Microsoft. I then restarted my laptop but it still shows only Windows Home not Pro. The email sent through does not have a licence key. How can I fix this?...
  7. Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key: Hello, I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074 Unable to activate windows "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try...
  8. Windows 10 pro licence key

Windows 10 pro licence key: Hi all, I need help with activating Win 10. I'm trying to activate my Windows using product key I purchased for my old laptop that just died. I purchased new laptop and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on my new laptop using my old key but I keep getting errors that says...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...
  10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...