Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i got some new Dell's (Vostro with latest Win 10 Pro 1903 fully patched) and want to enable PIN & Fingerprint for the new users. All Users have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by C.Schuster, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

Hi,

i got some new Dell's (Vostro with latest Win 10 Pro 1903 fully patched) and want to enable PIN & Fingerprint for the new users.

All Users have Office 365 Pro Plus Emails.

The Laptop is online, as i have installed all Updates and Chrome and Web Connection is working fine.

No VPN, the Laptop is directly connected to a fritz.box and then to Kabel Deutschland 400MBit Connection.

Entering PIN or Fingerprint works fine, but when i want so save them i get the following Response:

Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails 9e68d1f0-bc88-4daa-b3d2-d79d35d81f47?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails 4978e5de-2267-4b2c-b7e2-8a49d629297a?upload=true.jpg

and in the Event Log:

Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails 9c0c3479-1947-4da3-9b74-27721b6ff939?upload=true.png

Its seems that Office365 is returning a WebForm instead an error/success code...

On my main Laptop everything is working fine.

Any ideas?

:)

C.Schuster, Sep 11, 2019

2. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Wullail Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

windows 10 fingerprint and PIN setup not working

I have the same problem. The fingerprint reader in my Dell XPS15 laptop was working fine until today, when Windows updates occurred (I now have Windows 10 build 1703).

The fingerprint reader stopped working. In an attempt to resolve this issue, I decided to re-do the "Fingerprint" set up, but this does not work. There are 2 cases:

1) If I remove my PIN, I am then able to perform "Fingerprint setup", but at the end of this process it asks me to add a PIN, but this 'Add' does not work, and I am left without a PIN and without a configured fingerprint.

2) If I add a PIN first, this works, but if I then try to do "Fingerprint setup", I am taken to a "Windows Hello setup" dialog box. I click "Get started" and I am prompted for my PIN in the "Windows Security" dialog box. I enter the correct PIN, the laptop
    makes a little noise, after which I am left with the "Windows Hello setup" dialog box with just a "Cancel" button.

If this is due to a corrupted user account (as suggested above) then this must have been caused by the Windows Update. Whatever the underlying cause, it is definitely the Windows Update that is responsible for the sudden fingerprint reader failure.

MrWinnieThePooh, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

1. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails - Similar Threads - Pro Add PIN

2. Wifi connection fail once PIN and Fingerprint are set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection fail once PIN and Fingerprint are set: Hello,recently an user started to have wifi connection issuewifi disabled once the user set PIN and fingerprint option to unlock windows.Tested:- device with OS windows 10 and windows 11- various devices- drivers checkedDetails:- internet connection only via LAN cable- the...
  3. Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed: Hi,I have been in problems with PIN/fingerprint log-in for over 1 month. My log-in method is password, PIN and fingerprint. My fingerprint log-in works just fine previously. Sometimes it cannot identify me, which is normal, I would enter my password to unlock instead. I could...
  4. Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed: Hi,I have been in problems with PIN/fingerprint log-in for over 1 month. My log-in method is password, PIN and fingerprint. My fingerprint log-in works just fine previously. Sometimes it cannot identify me, which is normal, I would enter my password to unlock instead. I could...
  5. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  6. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10: I'm trying to add a fingerprint for sign-in. Sign-in options > Windows Hello Fingerprint > Set up > Get started, and then nothing changes except hiding the Get started option :My PC:HP ZBook 15And, as checked, There isn't any update for the Biometric device named :...
  7. Can't add fingerprint on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't add in fingerprint or pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't add in fingerprint or pin: When I try to change or add the pin or fingerprint, it states "something went wrong,. Try again later" can someone tell me how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-in-fingerprint-or-pin/7c54d6b5-ad8c-4e22-a229-eab75503f040
  9. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903: I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of...
  10. Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Fingerprint for Account in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove a Fingerprint for your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information face recognition. Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you sign in without a password and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fingerprint setup fails