Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all I have been having this annoying problem for quite a few years but always neglected to create a support/community post figuring I could use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Code87201, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Code87201 Win User

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...

Hi all

I have been having this annoying problem for quite a few years but always neglected to create a support/community post figuring I could use other articles would solve the issue. I have gone through a few steps already which I would think would solve my issue however, I think my issue may not be my NIC card itself but more so it's resolving of my DNS maybe?

After waking up from sleep in a very random way, sometimes this happens every time for weeks or months on end and other times I can go weeks or months without the issue happening when waking up my NIC card is stuck on resolving internet connection, and soon after without doing anything my PC freezes completely while resolving the connection and I have let my pc sit for 20 minutes but still not able to have it come back and this is an Ethernet connection.

What I noticed before it freezes

1. the PC still sees my NIC card

2. It is stuck on identifying a network

3. I still get a DHCP address from my ISP modem

4. I still am able to resolve my ISP modem's default gateway

5. When I try to browse to a Site I get a DNS error, this leads me to think I am not able to get DNS or resolve DNS from my ISP router, however, I am not sure how this would lead to my PC freezing.

I have just recently updated my Realtek onboard driver

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... 88ddff94-17f6-4c04-b1bd-f45e424a85eb?upload=true.png

I have also tried the power management options for Windows 10

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... f05455d5-90a1-4854-87ad-00e46a544c1d?upload=true.png

After trying both of these options I was not able to solve the issue, and the fact that after the issue happens and my NIC is still active and trying to resolve the network leads me to think the issue may not be the NIC itself, at the moment this is all I have but if it should happen again before it freezes I will try to check some more on the ISP modem, maybe I am unable to get DNS or maybe the ISP is unable to give me a public IP. I don't think any of this would cause my PC to freeze but I will update if I get any more information if anyone experienced this before let me know a few years is more then enough for this issue to be going on.

:)

Code87201, Jun 12, 2019
  2. zhelev81 Win User

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

Hello guys,

I have configured my computer to wake up remotely from outside my network.

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... [​IMG]

the thing is that, when I wake up my pc, it takes more than one minute the NIC to connect to the network.

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... [​IMG]

is there a way to fix this, by telling the card to stay always on in sleep mode ?

zhelev81, Jun 12, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...

Windows 10 Unable to wake up from sleep mode.

I have a Laptop (Lenovo G40-70), OS was Windows 8.1 and then I upgrade it on Windows 10 and now I cannot wake up my computer from sleep mode.

I read on internet I just need to update my Intel graphic card adapter. Then it fixed the problem it able to wake up after setting in sleep mode. Intel graphics adapter is now visible in system tray means it’s running.

But once I shutdown or restart the computer, the Intel graphic adapter is unable to load or run. I check in system tray and services. The occurred. Which is unable to awake after setting in sleep mode.

Hoping on positive response.

Darling

Darling Dela Rama, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...

1. Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect... - Similar Threads - Pro waking sleep

2. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  3. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  4. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  5. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  6. Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer is unable to connect to ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode: The problem: I connect to the Internet (and to my local network) via an Ethernet cable. However, when I wake my computer from Sleep mode, the computer is unable to connect with the Ethernet. The only solution that works is restarting the computer. Here are a few details...
  7. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  8. Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update: I am using asus zenbook 13. after updating the windows sometime I unable to wake up the pc from sleep mode. I have to press and hold the power button to force shutdown. [ATTACH]...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...