Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. When I tried to use my External Back up drive WD MyBook 4TB it said the drive was read... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrooksWhitford, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive

I have recently upgraded my PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. When I tried to use my External Back up drive WD MyBook 4TB it said the drive was read only and needed to have Bit Locker turned on to write to the drive. So I started the process and it seemed to begin as normal. However it stopped at 0.2% and I am not able to do anything with it. If I try to hit the resume button it says the drive is not ready. The drive shows up but shows locked and cannot be accessed. This is my main back-up drive and had all my data from before I upgraded the PC.

If I go into the Bit Locker manager, and click unlock the drive, I get the same error....the drive is not ready. I have tried multiple USB ports both 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1

I really need some help as all my family photos and videos are on that drive and dont want to lose them.

HELP!!!!!

:)

BrooksWhitford, May 18, 2020

2. Bit locker locked drive with windows 10 in it

I have a lonova yoga book have Bit locker Id but no code drive with windows is locked

MikeTucker1, May 18, 2020
  3. Bit Locker

Dear Team,

Windows 10 OS Crashed.But when we try to recover its showing drive is locked.We are not enabled any bit locker option .

As per my observation previously after installing the OS all drives showing Lock Symbol.kindly suggest if any Default Password to unlock the drive.

Windows 10 is OEM with Dell

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

yogamahendranadh, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive

Bit locker Encryption

Hello Fiends,

Actually my problem is that i have previously installed windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) in my desktop and to protect my data,
    encrypted the "D drive" using bit locker, then after few months, i installed
    windows 10 pro(64 bit) in my desktop without disabling the bit locker, after installation i was able to access my locked drive with same password.

Till here everything was fine, but after some days my Desktop started to lag then again i switched to
    windows 7 ultimate(64 bit).

But Now i'm not able to access my encrypted drive which was locked by bit locker with same password.

While i'm trying to unlock the encrypted drive i'm getting the massage as
    "Unable to Complete the requested operation because of either a catastrophic media failure
    or a data structure corruption on the disk".

Pls Help.

Thanks.

chandanmaurya, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive

1. Windows 10 Pro and Bit Locker have locked me out of my Back Up drive - Similar Threads - Pro Bit Locker

2. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  3. bit locker locked PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker locked PC: Hi all. My laptop has locked and it's asking for BIT LOCKER key and I don't have it. I have searched under my account and it says it's not there. I have gone under the TROUBLESHOOT option to reset the PC and it's not allowing me to do it. How do I restore back to factory...
  4. bit locker locked PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bit locker locked PC: Hi all. My laptop has locked and it's asking for BIT LOCKER key and I don't have it. I have searched under my account and it says it's not there. I have gone under the TROUBLESHOOT option to reset the PC and it's not allowing me to do it. How do I restore back to factory...
  5. Bit Locker Issue - The windows locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Locker Issue - The windows locked: Dear All,We have been using the Microsoft Surface Book since 2018 for our home.A week before, I used my friend's USB to read some books, and a couple of days later, I just switched on our Surface book in the very usual way, Unfortunately, it says Enter the Bit Locker Key. The...
  6. Bit Locker Issue - The windows locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit Locker Issue - The windows locked: Dear All,We have been using the Microsoft Surface Book since 2018 for our home.A week before, I used my friend's USB to read some books, and a couple of days later, I just switched on our Surface book in the very usual way, Unfortunately, it says Enter the Bit Locker Key. The...
  7. Bit Locker Issue - The windows locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Locked out by Bit Locker. Any bypass?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out by Bit Locker. Any bypass?: Hi,When I opened my four year old laptop yesterday, it updated its firmware and promptly went to the blue “BitLocker Recovery” screen. I haven’t been able to get out of it since then. I’ve seen elsewhere that people have bypassed an unexpected BitLocker screen by going to...
  9. Bit Locker Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Locker Windows 10 PRO: I updated my Windows Operating System and found that now BITLOCKER is installed and I've looked in my windows account and can't find the key. What are my choices if I can not find the key?Can I remove the drive and try to recover the data manually, or is all the data...
  10. Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop: I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the hard drive in any way as it simply goes to error after about a minute. Running Windows 7 Enterprise. Help!...