Windows 10: windows 10 pro and hyper-v

Discus and support windows 10 pro and hyper-v in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregHall3, Jan 10, 2020.

1. GregHall3 Win User

windows 10 pro and hyper-v

I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V?

:)

GregHall3, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 10, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Hyper-V

Only Pro or Enterprise versions can run Hyper-V, in addition to the other requirements listed at the link I provided earlier.

JimWynne, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 pro and hyper-v - Similar Threads - pro hyper

2. Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM: I tried to use 'Enhanced Session' via Remote Desktop, but it is still not successful. Even though I configured to enable 'Remote Desktop' on the guest operating system, but it is still not successful. I also enabled Enhanced Session Modes below.Host: Win11 Pro Hyper-VGuest:...
  3. Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM: I tried to use 'Enhanced Session' via Remote Desktop, but it is still not successful. Even though I configured to enable 'Remote Desktop' on the guest operating system, but it is still not successful. I also enabled Enhanced Session Modes below.Host: Win11 Pro Hyper-VGuest:...
  4. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  5. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  6. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  7. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  8. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Win 11 Pro - Hyper-V system fatal crash w no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro - Hyper-V system fatal crash w no BSOD: Hi,Any help here would be tremendously appreciated. Just had my system literally power off all of a sudden as I was writing an email in gmail and lost everything I was working on. This is a top tier workstation, maybe 5 months old and not 1 problem previously. Event Viewer...
  10. Win 11 Pro - Hyper-V system fatal crash w no BSOD

Win 11 Pro - Hyper-V system fatal crash w no BSOD: Hi,Any help here would be tremendously appreciated. Just had my system literally power off all of a sudden as I was writing an email in gmail and lost everything I was working on. This is a top tier workstation, maybe 5 months old and not 1 problem previously. Event Viewer...