Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To be more specific, the story goes like this. Back in 2018, in December, if I am not mistaken, there was that big Windows 10 update, I forgot what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smaddeus, Mar 16, 2019.

1. smaddeus Win User

Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user.

To be more specific, the story goes like this.

Back in 2018, in December, if I am not mistaken, there was that big Windows 10 update, I forgot what was it called, but basically it was big update, I can't remember if it was big as in size, but it sure was big since it was once of those somewhat rare updates with big changes, etc.

I can't remember specifically whether or not the issue raised after that update, or there was some other smaller update.
    I use two accounts, one is other family member's account, and the other is mine (administrator basically, while the other is with basic with restrictions to windows related stuff and limited access). So, the thing is, when one uses their account, turns off the PC, and when the other starts it up and logs in the other account (for example, family member turns PC on, logs in, browses internet, and turns off PC, then I turn it on, log in my account), and there is no sound, no music, no video, no other program sounds, the only sound is the Windows signal sound, the one that blinks/beeps when you try to do an action that is not allowed or is unknown, hope it makes sense.

When I log in, the other account in task manager, under users, shows up as disconnected but not logged out. Alright, I have tried to log that user out from task manager with right click, it still doesn't change the audio on spot. I have ran troubleshooter, obviously after theoretically "fixing" the issue it asks to restart, but the next time same stuff happens, so no points doing troubleshooter if it doesn't find an issue, or if its finds, I can still fix it without using troubleshooter with just a restart, which simply brings me back to square 1 either way. I have re-installed sounds drivers, still nothing. No idea what's the damn issue here...other user has reported the same thing for his account that there is no sound after logging in, after I was the one who used the PC last time, and only works after restart. Supposedly the restart logs out or clears the previously saved user, but the thing is, I have even tried to "sign out" the user instead of instantly pressing "Shut down", then restarting or shutting down simulating the daily using of the PC when the problem is recreated, and guess what...same problem even if I signed out the other user.

I have narrowed it down to the point where I can be confident to say that it is related to the fact, where Windows 10 saves the last logged in user data for a faster start up when starting the PC and logging in, since I have noticed it logs in quite fast after I have been the one using the PC last, and the files, folders, or web pages with browser are open like it was before I Shut down PC if any were opened. Weirdly enough, like I mentioned before, problem persists even if I signed out the user manually and switching off the PC, and switching it on, logging with my account just to see if problem persists, and it still did...so it's a bit confusing, yet narrowed down to that area.

My PC is pretty fast for a fast log in and start up programs to start up, I can switch them off for a faster start up anyway, but it is not required, so I don't really need this feature of my OS to save the last logged-in person's info. Otherwise I do not know what else could cause it. I think the login info saving feature came in December of 2018 big update, since that wasn't a thing before. Maybe I am wrong about this feature being present in that specific update, but after this issue I have noticed features that I haven't noticed before, and I realize how much I don't need these forceful feature updates without giving me tutorial about it, explaining it, showing where I can navigate myself to if I want to change it.

Quite not so user friendly from a technical standpoint.

:)

smaddeus, Mar 16, 2019

2. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user. - Similar Threads - Pro Audio issues

2. switching users on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  3. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  4. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue while Switching Users in Windows 10.: Hey Community Support, I recently wanted to switch users for Personal Use and I figured out that I really couldn't. I tried all possible methods, some including CTRL + ALT + DEL and then clicking on Switch User and many other methods, but I couldn't come up with how to...
  6. switching users on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch users on my pc, I've tried everything I could think of, from checking BIOS to running system scans to making sure he has admin privileges through regedit. PLEASE HELP...
  7. User switching on startup windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User switching on startup windows 10: Hello I am currently trying to solve this issue. Yesterday i created my girlfriend account on my PC with your online service. Problem comes out that when I turn off the computer and the turn it on again, we are not able to get a choice which account we want to login. If I...
  8. Windows 10 PRO unable to switch users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PRO unable to switch users: I haven't been able to find any suitable fix for this on line, so hopefully someone can help out. On my PC I have my admin account, and three other family user accounts. All options to switch user were working until a few days ago, but have now disappeared, so we are unable...
  9. How to switch windows 10 pro local users ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch windows 10 pro local users ?: Hello everyone, I have a question about how to switch local users in different groups of Windows. When I switch Windows local users, the system only displays users in the same group for me to choose from. I want to switch to another group of users. Who knows how I can...
  10. Switching user at startup.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching user at startup.: Hello, I inherited a laptop from my dad which I put Windows 10 onto last week. I know the admin username and password but not the login details of his girlfriend (Not on speaking terms). Unfortunately today, the laptop has decided to startup showing her account and is...