Windows 10: Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express

Discus and support Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 Pro and a special version of Outlook Express configured to run on Windows 10, as it's the best mail client ever made.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter_Brown, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express

I have been using Windows 10 Pro and a special version of Outlook Express configured to run on Windows 10, as it's the best mail client ever made.

But when Windows does auto updates, it removes Outlook Express, and normally I just reinstall it and it brings all, my E Mails back.

4 times I have contacted Microsoft and asked them to stop auto updates, and 4 times they have told me they have stopped them, yesterday My computer kept notifying me there was a 90 minute update, so I contacted Microsoft again and they told me they had stopped auto updates again and to reboot my computer, so I rebooted and it immediately went into a 90 minute update and again removed Outlook Express, so I tried to reinstall and this time it won't allow me, I just get a message saying I don't have admin permissions and this is the message I receiveWindows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express [​IMG]

What can I do?

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

Peter_Brown, Aug 16, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, Aug 16, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express

1. Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express - Similar Threads - pro auto updates

2. Outlook express 365 package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook express 365 package: Outlook express unresponsive most times since I bought package about 2 years ago. Been asking for microsoft help does not really happen. Managed to get Microsoft to look online said it was fixed getting other errors now. Got asked to fill out survey a few times how it all...
  3. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  4. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  5. Windows 10 vs Outlook Express emails

Windows 10 vs Outlook Express emails: Hi All I have successfully downloaded Windows 10 however, whilst I can see the Vista files from the old system, I cannot find the outlook express files, which I would like to download to Outlook 2016...
  6. Outlook express account

Outlook express account: How do I set up my Outlook Express account in order to retrieve all my old emails and receive new ones now that I have reformatted my hard disc and reinstalled Windows 10?...
  7. OUTLOOK EXPRESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OUTLOOK EXPRESS: Bought new computer today..son set up for me....cannot receive any emails on outlook....could send earlier but not receive....HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/84e0cf2f-7ca7-4b2c-832c-6a1d8db1dc9f
  8. Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Express: How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/2c9d440f-c536-4ab8-972b-135a2e44857d
  9. Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro auto updates and Outlook Express: I have been using Windows 10 Pro and a special version of Outlook Express configured to run on Windows 10, as it's the best mail client ever made. But when Windows does auto updates, it removes Outlook Express, and normally I just reinstall it and it brings all, my E Mails...
  10. Outlook Express issue

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Express issue: Hi all. Please help me to solve my problem with Outlook Express. When I try to open dbx file format in outlook express I receive the following error message: An unknow error has occurred...Account: 'mail.q.com', Server. Any advice how to repair outlook express? Hopefully...