Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro automatic updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro automatic updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Win10 Home set up to my satisfaction but am annoyed by the automatic updates. If I upgrade to Pro will it allow me to have the choice of being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JJG10, Jan 18, 2016.

1. JJG10 Win User

Windows 10 Pro automatic updates

I have Win10 Home set up to my satisfaction but am annoyed by the automatic updates. If I upgrade to Pro will it allow me to have the choice of being notified when updates are available and allow me to install them or not? Something similar to Win 7's update handling would make me a contented user of Win 10.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jan 18, 2016

2. Microsoft

Microsoft Apps and Microsoft programs are they updated in Windows 10 pro

I notice the apps can be updated by their versions numbers. the need for Microsoft

securitys for all Microsoft activities programs and apps are they automatic updated into our

windows 10 pro.? I've also notice that there are only Window updates for Windows 10 pro on the automatic updates

settings.

Thanks you

BILLIEJEAN FROM NEBRASKA

BillieBerry, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Updated 4 Dell machines from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 and one from Win. 8.1 Pro to Win 10. All 5 only updated to windows 10 Home instead of Pro. Should they not have been automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro? If so, what's the fix.

BobDressler, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 18, 2016
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Brink. I will explore that further but at first glance it seems a little complex to do repeatedly.

JJG10, Jan 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would only need to set it once on your PC to disable automatic updates. You will still be able to manually check for and install updates though. *Smile

Brink, Jan 18, 2016
  7. reddice Win User
    reddice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro automatic updates - Similar Threads - Pro automatic updates

2. Are Windows 10 Pro automatically upgraded to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are Windows 10 Pro automatically upgraded to Windows 11 Pro?: Are Windows 10 Pro automatically upgraded to Windows 11 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-windows-10-pro-automatically-upgraded-to/036cf2bd-1565-416d-b976-0560b704230f
  3. Can't update automatically Windows 10 Pro

Can't update automatically Windows 10 Pro: I try to Update my Windows 10 Pro manually as I used to do, and I took the message "Your organization has turned off automatic updates". Windows 10 Pro ver 21H1 OS Build 19043.1081. I run also the windows update troubleshooter and did not find any problem. Can anybody HELP...
  4. Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart

Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart: I run a virtual server in VMware Workstation Pro on my Windows 10 Pro machine. It is mission critical for applications I serve for a non-profit, and should *NEVER* be shut down or rebooted byanyone or anything except me. Auto-reboot messes up my virtual server and takes down...
  5. Automatic Repair in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair in Windows 10 Pro: My computer will not start. I'm getting a message from Auto Repair that my PC did not start correctly. I've tried to reboot in safe mode and can't even do that. Please help....
  6. Updating of Windows 10 Pro automatically by Microsoft--an error...

Updating of Windows 10 Pro automatically by Microsoft--an error...: I have not tried to upgrade Windows 10 Pro myself.The system was upgraded remotely by Microsoft.While doing so,'Edge' was upgraded.But the system has generated an application error--"The application was unable to start correctly,0*c0000005.Click OK to close the application."...
  7. Automatic scrolling on Windows 10 Pro

Automatic scrolling on Windows 10 Pro: Date: 9/13/2019 Windows 10 Pro and automatic scrolling of all documents, browsers. Reset Windows 10 OS with latest updates installed and troubleshooting, all without effect. Thinking Microsoft will need to fix issue with new update solution. Jerome...
  8. Windows 10 Pro automatic BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro automatic BitLocker: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and noticed that BitLocker had turned on automatically on both C and D drives. Is this normal?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update: Hi, I recently (31/10) upgraded a PC from Windows Home to Pro via the PC and Microsoft account online. I just noticed the System setting is show Home again. The only activity for updates since has been MS updates. I have paid for the upgrade and no longer have it. No...
  10. Windows 10 Pro, automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro, automatic updates: I have just installed Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I have Windows 10 Home on another laptop and have been able to set my wifi connection as a metered connection to stop the automatic updates but I can't find this option on the Pro version. What am I missing? Is there a way...