Windows 10: windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the...

Discus and support windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, Wow there are a lot of troubleshooting steps for this issue and I believe I have tried them all. I really need help with this. Below is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Siracha_cha, Sep 29, 2020.

1. windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the...

HI,

Wow there are a lot of troubleshooting steps for this issue and I believe I have tried them all. I really need help with this. Below is the error message and a snapshot of my disk manager. I am trying to back up and create an image to an external hard drive.

Please help with some specific instructions/steps. Thank you!!

windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the... 31ff4053-81b7-48e2-80bc-87c1046f76f9?upload=true.png

windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the... 9c541e15-536a-4f8a-86ac-5da20d786860?upload=true.png

:)

Siracha_cha, Sep 29, 2020

2. Not enough space to create the volume shadow copy

Original Title: Hi

Hello, I saw the notification on the taskbar about getting windows 10 and i already reserved. but my question is that of backing up my files. i was using file history and creating a system image also. i used an external hard drive about 426 GB free and yet
    when i start backup it fails and says there is not enough space to create the volume shadow copy. How can i fix this?

Thank you all.

OliyadGeremew, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Create SYSTEM IMAGE fails: Backup failed as shadow copy on source volume got deleted.

This week System Image Backup fails -- it worked last week. Something changed. A system update?

Here's the message:

Backup failed as shadow copy on source volume got deleted. This might caused by high write

activity on the volume. Please retry the backup. If the issue persists consider increasing shadow

copy storage using 'VSSADMIN Resize ShadowStorage' command. (0x80780169)

I'm not competent to understand the above, nor to do what it suggests.

I'm running without a system backup. Somebody please help!

John in Downers Grove, IL, Sep 29, 2020
  4. windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the...

Windows 10 Backup fails, error 0x81000019, shadow copy could not be created

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to make sure “Volume shadow copy Service” is enabled.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + R” from the keyboard.

• Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit Enter.

• Locate “Volume shadow copy" service.

• Right click on it and select “Start” option.

• Close the “Services” Window.

• Check if the issue persists.
    Method 2

Place the computer in Clean Boot and then try to perform Backup.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the...

1. windows 10 pro backup fail: Not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the... - Similar Threads - pro backup fail

2. Windows System Image Fails - "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Image Fails - "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow...: While creating a Windows System Image - if you encounter the error, ""There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy...", check the size of the System Reserved Partition for the C: drive. It should be approximately 450mb - 500mb in size. I encountered this...
  3. Windows System Image Fails - "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System Image Fails - "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow...: While creating a Windows System Image - if you encounter the error, ""There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy...", check the size of the System Reserved Partition for the C: drive. It should be approximately 450mb - 500mb in size. I encountered this...
  4. Windows System Image Fails - "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0x80780113, Not enough space to create the volume shadow copy, The backup failed

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80780113, Not enough space to create the volume shadow copy, The backup failed: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how you can fix the error 0x80780113 when the backup has failed on Windows 11/10. Windows offers a built-in Backup and Restore tool which is primarily used for creating a full system image backup so that you can restore the system to its...
  6. Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy - Windows Recovery Environment

Not enough disk space to create volume shadow copy - Windows Recovery Environment: I am trying to create a system image but keep getting greeted by the bottom image.Reading the criteria, < 500MB, 50MB > 500MB, 320MBThen looking at my volumes:System reserved: 50MB required, 63.49MB free OKD: N/AC: 320MB required, free ~30GB OKWindows Recovery Environment:...
  7. Error message 'There is not enough disc space to create the volume shadow copy'.

Error message 'There is not enough disc space to create the volume shadow copy'.: Hello, I have a brand new 1TB External Hard Drive. I've checked and there are no disc partitions or disc errors. There is 'allocated' space of 931.38GB. I'm trying to back up '213.97'GB. I get an error message telling me 'there is not enough disc space to create the...
  8. 0x80780034 and 0X8004230F -Windows 10 Creating a Backup Image Failing on Volume Shadow Copy...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x80780034 and 0X8004230F -Windows 10 Creating a Backup Image Failing on Volume Shadow Copy...: I am trying to backup my Win 10 machine after having it crash 3 days ago. I want a clean install image backup so in future I will not have to reinstall and everything all the time. So I am using the Windows & Backup tool and I am getting the Volume Shadow Copy Error that...
  9. 0X8004230F -Windows 10 Creating a Backup Image Failing on Volume Shadow Copy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0X8004230F -Windows 10 Creating a Backup Image Failing on Volume Shadow Copy Error: I am trying to backup my Win 10 machine after having it crash 3 days ago. I want a clean install image backup so in future I will not have to reinstall and everything all the time. So I am using the Windows & Backup tool and I am getting the Volume Shadow Copy Error that...
  10. there is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location: Hi, I am having problems creating a system image on my Windows 10 PRO computer. I searched everywhere to find my answer but what I get is suggestions to install softwares to manage disk partions or other kinds of fixes. But I have been using Windows System backup since may...