Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Backup fails

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Backup fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to backup my desktop image OS 10 pro to my NAS drive. When I click on the "Back up now" button, the backup progress indicator goes upto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SanjayVA, Feb 5, 2020.

1. SanjayVA Win User

Windows 10 Pro Backup fails

I am trying to backup my desktop image OS 10 pro to my NAS drive. When I click on the "Back up now" button, the backup progress indicator goes upto halfway thru after that it fails and displays the following message "Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition ESP. This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the operation. Details: Access is denied."

Please advise.

:)

SanjayVA, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Backup fails - Similar Threads - Pro Backup fails

2. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Network Backup fails: I have a WD Home network drive with several shares created on it. One of these shares is called Backup. When I try to assign that drive as my network backup drive Windows tells me it cannot be used as a backup device because The specified network location cannot be used It...
  3. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Network Backup fails: I have a WD Home network drive with several shares created on it. One of these shares is called Backup. When I try to assign that drive as my network backup drive Windows tells me it cannot be used as a backup device because The specified network location cannot be used It...
  4. Windows 10 Network Backup fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 backup not working or failed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 backup not working or failed: Being a Windows 10 user, you definitely know how important creating a backup is. By using the Windows Backup and Restore feature, you can backup all the system files and create a system restore point. These backup files are useful in case of data corruption, disk failure, and...
  6. windows 10 pro backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 pro backup: so i just got a windows key for windows 10 home but i'm currently using the free version of windows 10 pro. is there any way for me to change the windows version? if not and i have to reinstall windows, is there a way for me to transfer my data onto windows 10 home?...
  7. Backup in Windows 10 fails

Backup in Windows 10 fails: Using Windows 10 my HP, the Windows backup program won't backup onto an exterior 3TB hard drive. After 2 hours it stops with the error code 0x80070003 and STATUS_WAIT_3....
  8. Windows 10 Backup with SBS2011 failing

Windows 10 Backup with SBS2011 failing: We've had an office with an SBS2011 server and a dozen Windows 7 clients for several years. The server performs regular backups of the clients.The clients are all part of the SBS2011 domain connected initially via "http://severname/connect". We recently installed a couple of...
  9. Windows 10 pro backup

Windows 10 pro backup: I just purchased a new Dell desktop with Windows 10 pro installed on the computer. I have two questions (1) I have read that the first thing I should do is to make a clean copy of Windows when I first turn on the computer. How is this done? (2) Also, I have read that...
  10. Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro: I have been having problems recently successfully running the mirror image component of my Carbonite backup. I use a Western Digital 1TB external USB 3.0 hard drive for the Mirror Image backup drive. Several tests of this drive show that it has no errors. I've had several...