Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Backup skips files that I cannot locate on my PC. Error log indicates Error Code 0x8100002F. See following screen print: [ATTACH] All suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillyS8, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BillyS8 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files

Backup skips files that I cannot locate on my PC. Error log indicates Error Code 0x8100002F.

See following screen print:

Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files ff4ddc12-8766-44cb-9f70-782a993429a6?upload=true.jpg

All suggested procedure recommends "Click on OneDrive Cloud Icon" on Taskbar. I do not have a "OneDrive Cloud Icon".

OneDrive is not on my PC; however, some files must be resident somewhere.

Please provide procedures to correct the problem.

Thank you for any help,

BillyS

:)

BillyS8, Jan 19, 2020

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jan 19, 2020
  3. The Backup completed but some files were skipped

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience. I would like to inform you that if you are trying to backup a file which is on the drive where the backup is being created, it will skip those files.

You may check in libraries if your personal files which you have already uninstalled are present there. If it’s there, you may delete those files & try to run the backup again.

You may also try the following steps and check if that helps:

• Restore default storage locations on all folders (i.e. Pictures, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Searches etc...)
    • Rename the folder in explorer to match the default folder.
    • Restore the default libraries and run the back up.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be happy to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files - Similar Threads - Pro Backup Skipped

2. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  3. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  4. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  5. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. windows 10 backup error some files are skipped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 backup error some files are skipped: windows 10 backup error some files are skipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-error-some-files-are-skipped/8cf5e664-c700-4b9b-a66b-806182855628
  7. Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?

Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  8. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  9. Backup on W10 skips file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup on W10 skips file: Windows backup always skips 2 files : G:\username\MUSIC and says that it is already on the target drive. This after even reformatting that drive! (on windows 10). Also, a second error involving the file E:\username\MUSIC appears simultaneously, with the statement that the...
  10. files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    files skipped during backup: Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)) There is one file in the folder "music" with 0 length (properties...