Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IainSimonds1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops during the day as needed and login as Student users using a generic password. They do not have the Admin user password. The computers are stored overnight in charging racks.

As an Admin, I want to set certain settings pertaining to the Student User account on each computer, then block the Student User from being able to make any changes to settings in the Control Panel.

Is there a way to make the settings changes I want for each Student user account, then be sure the Students will not be able to change the settings back again?

:)

IainSimonds1, Sep 1, 2019

2. windows 10- block user from internet

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the Windows 8.1 steps in the following Microsoft Help article to block child user from accessing internet and check if it helps. The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

Blocking and Allowing a Certain Program to a User in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which option of the operating system are you exactly talking about (it will be easy for us to help you in resolving the issue quickly)?
    • Do you want to block the access of files & folders for the other user profile?

You can give permission for accessing/denying the files/folders on a drive to a user profile by setting appropriate permissions on the operating system.

To block the permission of the other user profile to access the files & folders, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Window logo + E keys on the keyboard and click on
      This PC located on the right hand panel of the screen.

• Open the drive where the application files are located.

• Right click on the application file and select Properties.

• Click on the Security tab of the window and click on the user profile name to deny access to under
      Group or user names.

• Click on Edit button and give permissions accordingly to the user profile.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

1. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings - Similar Threads - Pro Block user

2. Windows user account access blocked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows user account access blocked: We changed the PIN for our user account as we do regularly. On this occasion however, when we tried to log on there is a message saying our password was changed on another PC and we need to log in to that PC to get access to our usual computer. Attempts to reset the password...
  3. Windows user account access blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows user account access blocked: We changed the PIN for our user account as we do regularly. On this occasion however, when we tried to log on there is a message saying our password was changed on another PC and we need to log in to that PC to get access to our usual computer. Attempts to reset the password...
  4. Windows user account access blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 pro settings block

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro settings block: hie. how do i fix error on time/date settings page to enable me to change or access all the page settings. it only shows "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". this has barred other software to run on computer because of the wrong date on the...
  6. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User: Windows is in a remote location: No current access to Version Hello, In order to keep my elderly mother from changing (and always then forgetting) her password I blocked the system Settings from her account. For unknown reasons, it blocked my account as well (Adminstrator...
  7. Access blocked for certain settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access blocked for certain settings: Recently I have attempted to use my laptop's computer, but it is unable to be found, stating that it possibly could be blocked by antivirus software. While I don't have any antivirus installed, I attempted to go to "Virus and Threat Protection" settings in my computer. I am...
  8. Blocking access to windows settings for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking access to windows settings for child: I’m a mac user so Windows is beyond confusing to me. We have a Windows 10 laptop that my son uses. He fiddles so i would like to lock down the settings so they don’t get out of whack. Is there a way to do this from my admin account? Every time i search for this I end up...
  9. block access to Windows settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block access to Windows settings: I have a few computers connected by corporate network. And I need to block users access to the Windows settings and control panel. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-access-to-windows-settings/1a0c003b-028e-40df-a0ad-11e1525ac1a7"
  10. Windows 10 Pro can't access user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Pro can't access user account: Hello, I hope someone can help, I booted up my PC today and it won't complete the log in process, I get to the log in, enter my password, hit enter and it just sits there with my user name and welcome with the little dots spinning around. I have 3 other unused accounts on...