Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, it has been months my laptop started to be really.... really slow, every time I sign off, restart or switch on. It takes like twenty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KamaelMortes, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow

Hello everyone,

it has been months my laptop started to be really.... really slow, every time I sign off, restart or switch on. It takes like twenty minutes to switch off, and even more to restart. When I switch it on, booting takes about twenty minutes (rough, I didn't time it) and then once I signed in Windows, it takes something like an hour on the Windows "Welcome" page and even desktop loading is slow. Once it has done, everything else is fine.

My laptop is: ASUS X556U
    CPU: Intel core i7-6500U 2.50GHz 2.59GHz
    RAM: 8GB

This is what I've already tried so far, but unsuccessfully:
    - Windows updates checks (everything updated)
    - Fast boot disabled
    - Hard Drive scanning (no problems found)
    - chkdsk and sfc/ scannow (scannow found some problems and fixed them)
    - start apps turned off

:)

KamaelMortes, Mar 20, 2021
  2. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow :mad:

scevism, Mar 20, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow

1. Windows 10 Pro boot/power off/restart really slow - Similar Threads - Pro boot power

2. Windows 11 really slow to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 really slow to boot up: When I first installed Win 11 several months ago, it was very fast to boot up. Much like Win 10. Hit the power button and the sign-in screen came up almost immediately. Lately, Win 11 takes several minutes to boot up. It's almost as slow as Win 98. The white Windows logo...
  3. Windows 11 really slow to boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 really slow to boot up: When I first installed Win 11 several months ago, it was very fast to boot up. Much like Win 10. Hit the power button and the sign-in screen came up almost immediately. Lately, Win 11 takes several minutes to boot up. It's almost as slow as Win 98. The white Windows logo...
  4. Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow: Hello, guys... I have new gaming PC at beginning I had sometimes a little problem, which was solved by restart. Now... whenever I try to start PC, the windows 10 takes 3minutes to load,... when I try restart, it takes 5minutes sometimes it doesnt even load and the circle is...
  5. Restart slow, Power off /on faster

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart slow, Power off /on faster: Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone knew why in some machines I've tested restarting takes a long time, but turning it off, waiting 10 seconds and back on goes notably faster. Any ideas? Thanks. submitted by /u/Summit1BigHead [link] [comments]...
  6. Slow power off problem on Windows 10 Pro 1909 temporary fix

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow power off problem on Windows 10 Pro 1909 temporary fix: I have been having a power off problem which causes my computer to turn off after about 3 or more minutes after I have clicked on shut down. This has been happening since at least 1903 and possibly earlier. While I do not know what triggers this issue, I do have an available...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Slow boot and login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro - Slow boot and login: Hi, I have recently upgraded my PC from 4GB of RAM to 16GB of RAM and also completely reinstalled Windows 10. Here are the specs. I do plan on replacing/upgrading my processor to an i7 processor. So, I'm curious as to why the boot-up time and login process is so slow...
  9. Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting: One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and...
  10. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858