Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have decided to start this thread to document any issues with Windows 10 Bootcamp installation from my side of things. Initially, 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MoAboulmagd, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

Hi everyone,

I have decided to start this thread to document any issues with Windows 10 Bootcamp installation from my side of things.

Initially, 2 days ago, I decided to install Windows 10 Education (I am a student, so I have free access to this) using Boot Camp Assistant. Everything in the installation went well. I only started having BSOD issues when I put the computer to sleep (i.e closing the lid, or selecting "sleep" from the start menu) on Windows 10.

I immediately thought about NVRAM reset and SMC reset. These apparently helped the issues only for mild sleep periods (1-3 hours). Last night, I put it to sleep, and woke up only to find the BSOD yet again.

I then read these instructions (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468) more carefully, and noted that apparently Apple only supports Windows 10 Home or Pro editions on Boot Camp. So I decided to remove the partition, and clean reinstall Windows 10 Pro (also free, since I am a student) from scratch using Boot Camp. The installation went well, and afterwards, I decided to perform another NVRAM and SMC reset.

Earlier this morning, I wake the computer from sleep/hibernate (I have computer set to hibernate after 180 minutes, this is actually probably the default setting). Unfortunately it opens with a restart, so I log in, and take a look at the windows event viewer system log, and here are my findings:

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate 8f6dc04e-bc62-4849-a4a5-9cd6aa8ab895?upload=true.jpg

So I confirm that essentially, it did restart during the sleep/hibernate phase. I then proceed to download BlueScreenView to take a closer look at the BugCheck error, and here were my findings:

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate a5e0d761-2947-488c-8b11-609882a45a0b?upload=true.jpg

My guess is that this is a driver issue, so my instincts were to go to the device manager module, and to scan for any hardware changes, which yielded nothing. I go to that specific driver, which was hiding under "System Devices", and I check for any updates for the driver, to which there aren't any...

Note: I have the high end MBP 2018 w/touch bar model, with Mojave OS installed, and firevault encryption is turned off.

I'm now at a loss as to what to do...any help or advice would be appreciated. You have my gratitude in advance!

Thanks,

Mo

:)

MoAboulmagd, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Michke Win User

Windows 10 bootcamp macbook pro wifi stops working after sleep/hibernate

I just upgraded my MacBook pro from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I am running bootcamp (no fusion). After upgrading, I downloaded and installed the latest bootcamp drivers. This immediately fixed a problem I had with my Bluetooth driver, but I am currently
    having a problem with my network Wifi driver. My laptop works fine until it sleeps or hibernates. After waking it, I cannot use the Wifi adapter. When attempting to connect to a network, it shows limited data and has no internet access.

I tried disabling/enabling the adapter with no luck. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Broadcom driver with no luck. I have hyper-v installed, but removed all bridged connections. IP config shows no connection.

The only way to fix the problem is to reboot. Any suggestions?

Michke, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

Shihabyooo, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

Hibernate/sleep option restart the PC.

Hello,

The Sleep/Hibernate is a useful power option for computers. We recommend following the method below to resolve the issue where your computer restarts instead of sleeping/hibernating.

Run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then hit Enter.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Select Power option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

1. Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate - Similar Threads - Pro BootCamp Restarting

2. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  6. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  7. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD after hibernation on bootcamp Windows 10 pro 19041.630

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after hibernation on bootcamp Windows 10 pro 19041.630: Hi, I have a 2020 MBAir with Windows 10 pro 19041.630 installed via bootcamp. After hibernation in Windows OS MacOS does not have this issue I usually immediately or after 10-15 minutes end up with BSOD. It does not happen after sleep, only after hibernation. Actually,...
  9. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  10. Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10: How to: Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Power Menu in Windows 10 The Power menu in Windows 10 can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootcamp sleep

2. boot camp hibernate not working

3. bootcamp windows 10 hibernation

4. nu vot,
  5. mac bootcamp cannt start wbdows after sleep,
  6. windows 10 hibarnating bootcamp,
  7. mac bootcamp sleep windows,
  8. bootcamp windows 10 sleep crash,
  9. bootcamp hibernate,
  10. bootcamp restarting in sleep mode,
  11. windows 10 bootcamp sleep restart,