Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO booting issue

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO booting issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, A few days ago I noticed crazy behavior with my computer after upgrading to a larger hdd. Whenever I get home from work, or basically after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blader, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Blader Win User

Windows 10 PRO booting issue

Hi,

A few days ago I noticed crazy behavior with my computer after upgrading to a larger hdd. Whenever I get home from work, or basically after a few hours and I perform a cold boot my computer boots up until the Windows 10 logo and the spinning dots animation and then freezes. With the spinning dots animation still going on. After pressing the power button (so that the computer shuts down) and rebooting everything seems to be working fine. I can’t reproduce this behavior by simply shutting down my computer and turning it back on again within a few minutes. The issue only occurs after the computer has been turned off for a few hours. Whenever it does boot it will only take a few seconds because of the OS is running on a SSD.

I’m not sure if the new hard drive is the issue here. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250-HD3P
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB)
    GraphicsCard: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC, 4GB
    PSU: Cooler Master 700w
    New hdd: Seagate 1tb
    Existing hdd: 120gb Crucial

Do others experience this as well? I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

:)

Blader, Feb 21, 2017

2. Issue with dual booting Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Original title: Win10 Pro Insider Preview

Has anyone had Win10 Pro Insider Preview install itself on a HDD that already had Win10 Pro on it? This has happened to me. I dual boot 2 hard drives. One had Win10 Pro on it and the other was Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082. I upgraded
    from Win8.1 to Win10 Pro on one and installed Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082 on the other. Tonight Win10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 11082 is on both HDD's. How is that even possible?

BillFelter, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with dual booting Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Hi Bill,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know how did you upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? Was it through upgrade reservation or using ISO?

You may upgrade the Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows 10 using the ISO. Refer the following article and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 21, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Download Seatools for Windows and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD.
    Go to Start/Search and type Disk Defragment, and choose to Optimize your SSD and your HDD.

spunk, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PRO booting issue - Similar Threads - PRO booting issue

2. Windows 10 Pro boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro boot issue: When I restart my PC the system says it is doing an auto repair. Eventually I see screen asking me to 'choose an option'. If I select continue I get a failed boot.If I select 'use another operating syatem' then I am told to 'choose an operating system' between Windows10 and...
  3. Windows 10 Pro boot issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro boot issue: When I restart my PC the system says it is doing an auto repair. Eventually I see screen asking me to 'choose an option'. If I select continue I get a failed boot.If I select 'use another operating syatem' then I am told to 'choose an operating system' between Windows10 and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro: About Dual boot if having installed Windows 10 Pro - but OS suffers cannot update OS neither install nor update Applications If I wanted dual boot it 1 If insert a second SSD, and install Windows 10 Pro --- this process will create a Boot loader - and at boot choose the...
  6. Window 10 pro not boot

Window 10 pro not boot: I have original window 10 Pro USB when I try to boot from it it not boot my computer WHY? Bios show detail of This USB stick. My BIOS having Phoenix 6.00 PG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-not-boot/0494e5ac-58bb-4ce5-986e-b58b3a6a201c
  7. Windows 10 Pro not booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro not booting: So today i was playing counter strike when suddenly i get a black screen i wait for a minute and then i turn my pc off with the physical power button and turn it on again i hear the pc turn on with the fans spinning and stuff but there is no screen please help me guys...
  8. Windows 10 Pro issues

Windows 10 Pro issues: I want want to Stop the updates. And in case you do not understand the Word Stop, here is the dictionary definition stop /stäp/ Learn to pronounce verb 1. of an event, action, or process come to an end; cease to happen. "his laughter stopped as quickly as it had...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Boot issues

Windows 10 Pro Boot issues: Asus laptop, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Version 1703 Originally updated from Windows 8. (no OS DVD was supplied at the time of purchase) the laptop has been trying to do an update for months without success. No error messages have been seen as to what the issue is that is...
  10. Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues

Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues: Hello I just build a new pc and I decided to go for a dual boot (one will be used for work: music production/video editing and the other for casual stuff, gaming etc) each of the two Windows 10 is installed in it's own hard drive (two different SSD drives) The first issue...