Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently reset my PC due to getting more BSOD related to CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors. However that did not seem to resolve the issue because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lazukr, Jul 25, 2020.

1. lazukr Win User

Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error

Hi,

I recently reset my PC due to getting more BSOD related to CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors. However that did not seem to resolve the issue because about a day after the reset, I have once again gotten the BSOD again.

Here is the most recent dumpfile:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlDmiValztbFgP9mTCCFJztFHVLM2w

If it is relevant, my spec is as follows:

CPU: AND Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: 8GB x 2 @ 2400, 8GB x 2 @ 3200

MOBO: asrock ab350m pro4

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Could someone provide things I can try to figure out what the issue is?

Thanks!

:)

lazukr, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Jul 25, 2020
  3. BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

drop your overclock to stock and run it, W10 has some teething to get through

eidairaman1, Jul 25, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

Thema:

1. Windows 10 PRO BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error - Similar Threads - PRO BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error with Windows 10: I recently got this error on a Dell laptop I've had since September 2021. The most recent change I have made to my computer was linking my phone to it two days ago. When BSOD happened, I was watching Netflix, and had several Chrome tabs open, as well as Word and Adobe. The...
  3. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error with Windows 10: I recently got this error on a Dell laptop I've had since September 2021. The most recent change I have made to my computer was linking my phone to it two days ago. When BSOD happened, I was watching Netflix, and had several Chrome tabs open, as well as Word and Adobe. The...
  4. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

windows 10 BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hi, my new gaming desktop is 6 months old, it has no problem on first 5 months but on the last month only when i play a game from Spellforce to Doom Eternal it returns a BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errorI ran memtest for 6 hours and no problem has been foundI'm...
  6. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  7. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  8. Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

in Windows 10 Support
    Random BSOD with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error: Hi, I have had my PC for 3 years now. This is the following specs: Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) RAM: 32 GB Power Supply: SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V OS: Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.329 Ever since...
  9. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  10. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...