Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there! As of year or so I've started getting these annoying BSODs and in most of the times 99% they have the quoted error code behind and for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Веселин Димов, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Hello there!

As of year or so I've started getting these annoying BSODs and in most of the times 99% they have the quoted error code behind and for the rest - "KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION". As I've got annoyed quite too much, I've decided to make a clean fresh install of Windows 10 Pro licensed of course, however, after a day or so I've again got the BSOD with the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error code and I've started reading around for some troubleshooting steps and here's what I've performed so far:

1. First of all I've read the MEMORY.DMP and mini-dump which pointed out to errors in regards to "ntoskrnl.exe" and "ntkrnlmp.exe".
    2. Then I've found out that the error about "ntoskrnl.exe" could have something to do with the RAM. My laptop has 16 GB 2x8GB of RAM so I've decided to do a test on both blocks with MemTest86 Pro v.8.3. I've removed one block of RAM and performed 4 passes taking about 5 hours and 20 minutes ending up with not a single error. Then I've swapped with the other block of RAM and have performed again 4 passes for approximately the same time - again not a single error. Then I've performed last test with both blocks or RAM again 4 passes taking about 10 hours and 10 minutes - again not a single error.
    3. Since not a single error showed up on the MemTest86 Pro, I've continued down the road of the troubleshooting and pointed my attention to the "ntkrnlmp.exe" - testing the drivers with the "Verifier". In order to do so, I've followed this guide - Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver by ZigZag3143 MS -MVP, however, after making the suggested settings and reached to the point where I had to restart my laptop, I've ended up in an infinite restart loop or at least until the 2nd auto-restart at which the Windows Auto-recovery kicks in. Fortunately, I was able to boot up in Safe Mode in order to stop the "Verifier" and then boot up normally to Windows.

Unfortunately, this is as far as I can go with the troubleshooting so I'd need some further help in order to identify the exact cause of the BSOD.

I've uploaded the MEMORY.DMP and mini-dump along with the output of the 3 tests from point 2 here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqarvueaailfkR62OmZmUARoEp58?e=nxkhjg. Also it is worth mentioning that the image I've used for installing the windows is one of the latest one which I've downloaded through the Media Creation Tool and after that updated to the latest updates. As for the drivers, the laptop has Intel HD3000 and GeForce GT630M, so the Intel one is installed automatically by Windows and the nVidia has been installed manually with the latest version available through GeForce Experience application. Here's a list of all drivers which are non-Microsoft:

Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" 9026852a-4a2d-48e5-b65a-583836950af2?upload=true.png

Looking forward for some help on solving this annoying BSOD crashes.

Best regards!

:)

Веселин Димов, Apr 23, 2020
  2. mad1394 Win User

IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

sigh
    If your computer auto restarts on BSOD find the setting in windows to make it stop.
    Second step is to look for the error code of the BSOD.
    Perhaps easier would be to use an online application such as bluescreen viewer.
    Once you know which driver is causing the problem you can look further into fixing it.

mad1394, Apr 23, 2020
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: dxgkrnl.s

Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:

1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
    2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
    • Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
    • Full mem86 test - PASS
    • Furmark test - no crashes

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...C5pA6kCPd2lFVL

• Specs:
    • Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
    • GTX1080
    • Tomahawk B350
    • 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!

anonalchemist, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Irql_not_less_or_equal

So I have this clients PC that blue screens and gives a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A error message. Error Goblin (link in sig) says the following:

And I have NO IDEA what the hell that means. It has wrapped around my head 5 times and caused it to explode. Ive ran memtest for 7 and a half hours and it didnt find any errors. I will probably run it again overnight just to be safe. Ive also cleaned out the computer with an air compressor and checked the hard drive for bad sectors are none are to be found.

Im trying like hell to avoid reinstalling Windows but it seems unlikely.

Im going to try updating some drivers and see what happens. Some of the drivers on this computer date back to 2007.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Alright so it doesnt look like ill be able to get onto the internet to do anything because nearly every time i try, i get the BSOD. Format seems imminent.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

1. Windows 10 Pro BSOD - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - Similar Threads - Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been getting the same IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD for a few months and have done a few things to troubleshoot. At this point I am assuming this is a hardware problem. It usually occurs most prominently when I am gaming, however the BSOD still occur if I am active on...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I am currently dealing with an issue where my computer will crash blue screen of death with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAL. This seems to happen every 2-4 days, usually when I am playing a game. I've located the minidump files and have downloaded software that analyzes...
  4. BSoD irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10

BSoD irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10: [ATTACH] I've tried multiple ways to remedy my situation by having a soft boot of Windows and checking all my drivers, however I still get BSoD every so often when gaming this is really annoying. I also contestant get this PCI Express warning which I can't solve; when I go...
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windows 10

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windows 10: I constantly get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing games. heres a link to some minidumps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-windows-10/cd764960-6a64-47e8-a2bf-5d73ea1a5f0d
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 10

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 10: Hey guys, hope you can get me some help to fix this. Im just getting these random BSODs recently since I installed a H100i pro on my CPU. 2 Bsods within 10 mins and no more for the rest of the day. I checked the Memory with Memtest86 and did updated all of my drivers....
  7. irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD on Windows 10

irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD on Windows 10: Hello, After two months, i received this BSOD again. Attached is required folder with files, including Minidump. Could someone please help with this? Thank you. 117133
  8. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows 10 Pro x64: Got three BSOD in a row... Can you guys help me identify the culprit? https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuYYOvG0pkWOgrkwkJhyNF2N5NQVmw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-windows-10-pro-x64/ab9ee8ba-fb7d-42f3-a3ba-a4ed379b1e26
  9. Windows 10 BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows 10 BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I was gaming and then I received a Blue Screen Error/of Death with Stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm on Windows 10 running on a custom gaming PC. The minidump file is available below. I just want to know what the error is, and if the blue screen could have possibly been...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal

BSOD Windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xffffe0011ea1e780, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8032924e1fe). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102915-35093-01. I have reinstalled windows, updated drivers etc....