Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to enable hyperthreading on my CPU I get a BSOD in the next hour or so, before that all goes great. Very seldomly I might also get one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GryphonThree, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled

Whenever I try to enable hyperthreading on my CPU I get a BSOD in the next hour or so, before that all goes great. Very seldomly I might also get one of those WHEA-BSOD-thingies even when HT is not enabled. My processor is OC'd to 5ghz and XMP is active on the RAM. I hope this is all the info needed and sorry for being a noob. System Specs: Summary Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i9 9900K @ 3.60GHz38 C Coffee Lake 14nm Technology RAM 32,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1499MHz (15-17-17-35) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING (LGA1151)29 C Graphics KG271U (2560x1440@144Hz) L1750S (1280x1024@75Hz) SAMSUNG (1280x1024@75Hz) 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVIDIA)34 C Storage 894GB SanDisk SDSSDA960G (SATA (SSD))35 C 111GB KINGSTON SKC300S37A120G (SATA-2 (SSD))30 C 465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))30 C 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))29 C 3726GB TOSHIBA HDWD240 USB Device (USB ) 3726GB TOSHIBA HDWD240 USB Device (USB ) Optical Drives No optical disk drives detected Audio High Definition Audio Device

:)

GryphonThree, Aug 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 20, 2021
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled

How to enable enable Hyper-V?

Hyper-V is only supported on the Pro and Enterprise editions.

Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

FastEthernet, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled

1. Windows 10 Pro BSOD when Hyper-Threading enabled - Similar Threads - Pro BSOD Hyper

2. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  3. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  4. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  5. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  6. When I enable Hyper-V and when it restart, a BSOD show up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enable Hyper-V and when it restart, a BSOD show up!: I want to test Windows 11 Dev on a Hyper-V virtual machine, so I enable Hyper-V on the Windows Features. But after restart and it starting to install Hyper-V, I ran into a BSOD say that "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". It restart multiple time and it always end up on...
  7. When I enable Hyper-V and when it restart, a BSOD show up!

When I enable Hyper-V and when it restart, a BSOD show up!: I want to test Windows 11 Dev on a Hyper-V virtual machine, so I enable Hyper-V on the Windows Features. But after restart and it starting to install Hyper-V, I ran into a BSOD say that "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". It restart multiple time and it always end up on...
  8. Enabling Hyper v causes a bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling Hyper v causes a bsod: When I enable hyper v I get the bsod of death SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. some other details are that I also have bluestacks and vmware installed. I also have dmp files if you want to see them. Help is very much appreciated submitted by /u/Endlesserrors1 [link]...
  9. BSOD Windows 1909 Hyper-V enabled +++ with AMD virtualisation technology enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 1909 Hyper-V enabled +++ with AMD virtualisation technology enabled: DPC WATCHDOD VIOLATION. Sometimes the hp laptop boots and loads windows other times it just bsod's with stop error DPC WATCHDOD VIOLATION. If I disable AMD virtualisation in cmos settings it boots fine, but I require the hyper-v features for testing. AMD64 Ryzen 3...
  10. Windows 10 Crashes (BSOD) after enabling HYPER V.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes (BSOD) after enabling HYPER V.: Hello Team, I have a valid Windows 10 PRO 64 bit version running on my computer. Current Build Version : 1909 (OS Build 18363.476) Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400 with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 logical Processor(s) Motherboard: A320M-S2H-CF RAM: 16GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperthread causes blue screen