Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sa'eedEbrahimi, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever since the upgrade, my laptop randomly goes into sleep mode while I'm working with it. I tried different methods to stop that from happening and those methods include but are not limited to the following:-Running Power troubleshooter which worsened the situation by shortening the gap between enforcement of sleep modeI had previously found a method online to stop my laptop from going into sleep mode by making a change in the registry editor at th

:)

Sa'eedEbrahimi, Mar 24, 2022
  2. SJLPHI Win User

Windows 10 Randomly goes to hibernation

Hello,

I am writing about my Lenovo W530 with Windows 10 64 bit. All of my drivers are up to date, it has optimus Nvidia Quadro 2000m + Intel HD 4000 GPU and it is a triple-boot with linux systems and the following only happens on the Windows 10 side.

It only started doing this since Yesterday with no significant update.

While connected to charger and hooked up to my TV through mini-Diplay port, the laptop once a while randomly decides to go for hibernation. It is sitting on a chill matt and no thermal issues, everything hardware wise is perfect.

I checked the reliability log, nothing suspicious, the sleep study shows that the laptop randomly goes into hibernate mode. Power settings basically tells the computer to never sleep or hibernate in any case.

The computer goes into hibernate even while in use, I was quite annoyed when it did that during a Zoom meeting, my Zoom guest told me that he got a warning that my computer is about to disconnect due to low power.

My battery is fine, and it is fully charged!

Any suggestions? For now I swapped out the battery to see if that helps, I will try the CMOS battery next but I don't think it's a hardware issue since everything checks out fine on the linux side.

SJLPHI, Mar 24, 2022
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Make sure your batteries are good. They need to be regularly replaced every 3 - 5 years. Weak batteries make for an unreliable UPS. *Frown Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes :( But new batteries are cheaper than a whole new UPS.

Totally disagree with that! No way sleep affects performance. As for stability, on rare occasions, a computer will not properly come out of sleep. Typically a simple reboot resolves that. But once a computer boots properly, sleep mode does not interfere.

Sleep mode is nothing new. Microsoft and the applicable hardware makers have had over 20 years to sort problems out.
    Sorry, but that makes no sense. First, hibernation was indeed developed for notebooks - so when you close the lid, you can resume exactly where you left off. Yes, you can use hibernation with a PC and you can use hybrid mode on a notebook But hybrid mode was developed for the PC.

Second, if a user suffers from frequent blackouts they should definitely be using a good UPS with AVR. Note I've lived in Tornado Alley for the last 28 years so I have some experience with that. But more importantly, if a user suffers from frequent blackouts and they don't use an UPS, they should be saving their work and "gracefully" shutdown the computer, not put it in sleep mode.

Lastly, hybrid mode is called hybrid mode because it is just that, a mixture of modes. In hybrid mode, data stays in RAM (in a low voltage state) for faster wake times. But in hybrid mode, a full hibernation file is also created in case the user (or Mother Nature) decides to remove power completely.

Newer versions of Windows are not XP. So true, there is no need to reboot Windows just because it has been awhile since the last reboot. I only reboot my 6 W10 systems when some Windows Update or security program update requires it.

Memory leaks should not be part of this discussion. Those are faults and exceptions, and very rare. Exceptions don't make the rule. If a program is that buggy, get rid of the program.

As for things left in memory, as I noted above data is indeed left in memory to speed up wake times from sleep mode. Remember, unless you unplug the computer from the wall (or flip the master power switch on the back of the PSU - if it has one) your PC is in "Standby mode" and +5Vsb standby voltage is being distributed to multiple points across the motherboard.

If you terminate a program, that memory space is freed up. But if you keep, for example, a Word document open and allow your computer to sleep, some of that data will be retained in RAM for quicker wakes.

See Fred Langa, Is Data Safe in Sleep/Standby/Suspend Mode?

Bill_Bright, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

1. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes - Similar Threads - Pro Build 19042

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes: Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever since the upgrade, my laptop randomly goes into sleep mode while I'm working with it. I tried different methods to stop that...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 randomly goes into sleep and hibernation modes: Hello and thank you for reading my question. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.1586 to enjoy the new features of Windows. But ever since the upgrade, my laptop randomly goes into sleep mode while I'm working with it. I tried different methods to stop that...
  6. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  7. Build 19042

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19042: Win10 Pro 64bit 20H2, build 19042Following this weeks critical update the taskbar icons to the rt time/Notification/network disappear. To re show I have to toggle toolbar settings>use small Btns on/off. Same can be accomplished using Task view...
  8. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  9. Hibernate actually goes into sleep

Hibernate actually goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  10. Windows 10: No longer goes into sleep or hibernate.

Windows 10: No longer goes into sleep or hibernate.: Since a few updates ago, my desktop no longer goes into sleep mode. As a bonus, my computer will be on, but no amount of activity will cause my monitors to turn back on. I am forced to hold the power button down until it manually shuts off, so I can turn it back on....