Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new Windows 10 Machine and trying to connect to a Server 2012 R2 - file server. I can ping the server, but I can not see it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sinful777, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Sinful777 Win User

Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives

I just got a new Windows 10 Machine and trying to connect to a Server 2012 R2 - file server.

I can ping the server, but I can not see it in the network nor it's shared drives.

The funny thing is I have other Windows 10 machine that have mapped drives to the server and they are working, but I just realized now that they also do not see the server in the browser under network, It seems that there was an update to Windows 10 sometime ago that made the server invisible to the windows 10 browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro - version 1809 OS Build 17763.379

Network - Workgroup - no domain, basic setup

Server 2012 R2 - Using only to share drives - File server

:)

Sinful777, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2019
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives - Similar Threads - Pro File Server

2. Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews: Is there anyway to fix this? I work with a lot of these files and having the ability to preview would help immensly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-can-not-see-mp4-previews/2a829278-de48-4649-acfb-aba811c99bac
  3. Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews: Is there anyway to fix this? I work with a lot of these files and having the ability to preview would help immensly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-can-not-see-mp4-previews/2a829278-de48-4649-acfb-aba811c99bac
  4. Windows 10 pro - Can not see MP4 previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can somebody see if I’ve opened a file on a shared drive?

Can somebody see if I’ve opened a file on a shared drive?: Hi, I was looking for a file in a coworkers folder in our companys shared drive, and saw a file related to $$ shouldn’t have been saved there anyway Curiousity got the better of me and I clicked into the PDF but as an Adobe pop up came up to say it wanted to load from our...
  6. Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive.: Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive. Windows 10 home on separate drive does see the aux drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-doesnt-see-auxillary-drive/1d455e88-3921-44bc-938a-1a88fc9e0668
  7. Windows 10 can see server 2012 shares but refuses access

Windows 10 can see server 2012 shares but refuses access: Hi Everyone - I've spent several frustrating hours on this problem, and hope by posting to save someone else the grief. Problem: On Windows 10, trying to access some server 2012 shares gives a "you don't have permission...." error. Of course I have triple checked the...
  8. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  9. Windows 10 2019 build can not see the server-Workgroup

Windows 10 2019 build can not see the server-Workgroup: Hello, I have this issue with Windows 10 that I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. The situation is as follows… The office is on a Workgroup network. The office uses a Xerox MFP for all its users and has accounting codes set up for everyone. The...
  10. Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server

Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server: I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a new machine to replace an old machine on the network. I cannot map to or browse to the network drive on the new machine. This is using the same ethernet connection as the old machine (which was Windows 7) I can ping the...