Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi This is my first post after being with Seven Forums for more years I care to remember!! Have you come across this before? Windows 10 Pro cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zappastixs, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue

Hi

This is my first post after being with Seven Forums for more years I care to remember!!

Have you come across this before? Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue.

That's how what I read it came across.

Could you comment (and hopefully confirm the positive) that if I remove my existing hard drive with
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (that came pre installed on ASUS N73SV Notebook - year 2011)

And FIT A NEW HARD DRIVE for installing Windows 10 Pro – that it will work without problems?

I intend to buy a Product Key/Digital Licence when I have all my ducks in a row, because I’ve read that the Product Keys are time limited – so I would need everything ready to go before I install Win 10 Pro.

I know I can change over ‘for free’ with my existing Windows 7 – but I want the Pro version of TEN.

I didn’t think this would be a problem, but I’ve read that this can be an issue.

Around a month ago I found on Microsofts own site a Free download of Windows 10 PRO

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

But unless I’ve ended up elsewhere tonight – it is now only offering just Windows 10 (not Pro).

I’ve read so much on this that I’m starting to confuse myself!

Just one more point. I have already downloaded windows Media Creation Tool
    that hopefully this would create an.ISO for a USB Stick.

But reading between the lines, if I use that MS tool it might steer me in the wrong installation I want.

Am I wrong?

If so is there any other way – like just download: Win10_Pro_file.iso

Appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Many thanks in advance.

Stephen

:)

Zappastixs, Feb 3, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 3, 2020
  3. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

Hi,

I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy.

I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues.

My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again?

And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?

Thanks

simplify3000, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue

1. Windows 10 Pro cannot install on New Hard Drive due to License Issue - Similar Threads - Pro cannot install

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. Installing a new hard disk drive in windows 10 due to a failing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a new hard disk drive in windows 10 due to a failing one.: So I got a boot usb drive inserted my new drive took out both old ones as I had a 100/c drive usage in my old cpu. Then I turned on the computer and got thru a few prompts then stated that my 1 tb hdd had 0mb and that my hard disk drive cannot be installed with windows 10....
  4. Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows 10 pro license to another hard drive: Hello, I bought a computer that had windows 10 home on it. I went to upgrade to pro in the windows store so I can make sure to get this computer on my domain. Recently the computer is having hard drive issues and requires me to replace the hard drive. I was wondering is...
  5. Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #

Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #: Hello, I have an old laptop that originally came with Windows 7 and has been upgraded to Windows 10. I have just replaced the original HDD with an SSD and am trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the OEM license key. I am planning on selling it, therefore the procedure of...
  6. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  7. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  8. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  9. Install Windows 10 Pro on new SSD hard drive

Install Windows 10 Pro on new SSD hard drive: My church has received a Dell Latitude E5540 as a donation. The hard drive has been wiped and boots up only to bios. I want to replace the hard drive with an SSD and install Windows 10 Pro. How to do I buy Windows 10 Pro and install it?...
  10. Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I purchased a new hard drive recently, to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working. I had lost access to the windows 10 disc that originally came with my computer due to a move(I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the...