Windows 10: Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Discus and support Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zillah, Nov 25, 2017.

1. zillah Win User

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Dear folk

I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup.

My user domain been assigned to administrator group

When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared folder on my desktop to do backup.

Now whenever I tried to access the shard folder the error below pops up
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Error 0x80070035 'the network path was not found'

Work Laptop can ping desktop

Other homes computers can access a shared folder issue only with my work laptop

Tried below troubleshoot :

Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found. [Solved] - Driver Easy

Thanks

:)

zillah, Nov 25, 2017

2. Network connecting and file sharing

hi

i am using windows 10 home now.

other computers in network are windows 7, 8, 8.1 .

i am not using home group setting.

i can connect to windows 8 and windows 8.1 pc and read files from share folder and share printer.

i can't connect to windows 7 pc.

in network and sharing center, i allow all network discovery and file sharing and public folder.

but i can't access to windows 7 pc.

i don't have access permission and contact to administrator error.

from windows 7 pc, i can connect to windows 10 pc.

i can't connect to linux file server also.

i am waiting for the reply.

thanks

Thet oo zin, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Nighter Win User
    W10 Home Not Made to Share??

Okay (and I am not good with networking since XP days), I took a computer that was on 8.1 Home and brought it to
    10 Home. Other than the junk I had to fix (and still trying to remove the lock screen) I realized that other computers can access the shares on 10, but 10 no longer accessing any other shares (mainly Vista and its externals). Before upgrade
    few days back, everything was fine for over a year.

So, this can not see anyone else (but ping is fine) but no one else can see 10.

Running the troubleshooter, this is what pops up: Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

I played with settings but had to change something on every computer just to make it work.

Firewalls and any other such programs all disabled.

This is what M$ chat has told me from going from 8.1 Home to 10 Home:

the reason why you' re not able to view your files from Vista is because of the Homegroup network sharing. Since your windows 10 is a home edition it can't actually share all your other files in Vista. What you can do to enable that is to upgrade to windows
    10 pro. This is the difference between windows 10 home and windows 10 pro. network sharing can only be done through the windows 10 pro and not with the windows 10 home

These even though Vista can access 10's shares??

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Nighter, Nov 25, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

What third party security software are you running. How long ago did this start. Have you made any changes in Advanced Sharing? There are two basic ways to see which files on SMB shares are being accessed:[CLI] The openfiles command.[GUI] The Open Files object under Computer Management (compmgmt.msc) => Shared Folders => Open Files.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  5. zillah Win User
    On work laptop "Trend micro security agent" I can't disable that as it has password,,,on Desktop I removed everything

Almost one month before that i was able to access it with no issue

On desktop I have checked that and sharing was enabled for "Everyone" ,,,,I guess you wanted to know that ?didn't you ?

On desktop I haven't made any changes

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network [​IMG]

zillah, Nov 25, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    I did not ask you about anything that you posted, other than posting the output of what you got from the command I gave. The rest is what is called a thinking question. If you do not see any other computers on that one machine, then you have a problem Houston.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Nov 25, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Netbios was never to be disabled in the first place. If changes to your network adapter was done, Netbios would just break it. Windows does not make those kind of changes on its own.

bro67, Nov 25, 2017
  9. zillah Win User
    I just realized another laptop at home which has windows 10 installed and it is not part of a domain , it is part of work group can't access the shared folder on the desktop as well.
    Only laptop with Windows 7 installed can access the shared folders

zillah, Nov 25, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    NetBIOS was on the Default setting but changing it to Enable NetBios over TCP/IP fixed my network problem.

Steve C, Nov 25, 2017
  11. zillah Win User
    Thx Steve
    Tried it but still no joy

zillah, Nov 25, 2017
  12. sml156 Win User
    Instead of trying to figure out what the problem is the fastest way I have found to open network folders is to just use File Explorer.

Just type the IP of the computer you want to connect to in the address bar
    Note: You must have " \\ " before the IP
    Code: \\192.168.0.100[/quote] You can find the IP of the other computer by opening a command prompt on that computer and type Code: ipconfig[/quote] And look for the IPv4 address, You can map the drive and make it easier to connect to later if you want.

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network [​IMG]

sml156, Nov 25, 2017
  13. zillah Win User

Thx sml156
    I will try your suggestion and see how it goes
    Regards

zillah, Nov 26, 2017
  14. zillah Win User
    No joy

zillah, Nov 26, 2017
  15. bro67 Win User
    Please see the following as I had mentioned in the thread before. What are your results when you do the first one, and then what does it show for the second command that is in the Administrator tools.

There are two basic ways to see which files on SMB shares are being accessed:[CLI] The openfiles command.[GUI] The Open Files object under Computer Management (compmgmt.msc) => Shared Folders => Open Files.

bro67, Nov 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network - Similar Threads - pro can't access

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  4. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  5. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  6. Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro: I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home. My problem: Laptop 1 cannotaccess any shares on Laptop 2 or the Desktop. The Desktop is asking for Windows credentials none have been set orexist. Laptop 2...
  7. Latest windows 10 pro cannot accessing network shared folder

Latest windows 10 pro cannot accessing network shared folder: Hi, is anyone facing the same problem like me? I was setting up 2 new HP prodesk with windows 10 pro, each of them shared a folder and alllowed for everyone and same as security tab. But i got an error of can't accessing or find the specified computer etc, eventually windows7...
  8. sharing folders on home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders on home network: After update, I can no longer access shared folders on my wife's laptop from my laptop over our home network. How may I turn this on again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-folders-on-home-network/56cc4ace-5759-47cb-b514-9c86e98307d9"
  9. Users can't access to the shared network folder

Users can't access to the shared network folder: Hello, One of the user can't access to the "old" shared folder. It's weird, because i've created group "test" and "new" folder to share. Both old and new one folder got "test" group in the Security Tab (Full Control). And now. Old one say's - you dont have permission...
  10. Shared Folders Not Accessible on Home Network after Windows update

Shared Folders Not Accessible on Home Network after Windows update: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my Home Network: a Laptop running under win10 (64), a desktop running under Win 10 (64), 2 desktops running under Win7. Before updating my Laptop and Desktop Win10 PCs, every PC could share their shared folders. Since the last Win 10 update, my Win10...