Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am an administrator and it won't let me run notepad as administrator. No option to pick it. This is a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SusannBee, Mar 1, 2019.

1. SusannBee Win User

Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin

I am an administrator and it won't let me run notepad as administrator. No option to pick it.

This is a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro after adding a new harddrive.

Thanks for your help...

Sue

:)

SusannBee, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin

1. Windows 10 Pro - can't run notepad as admin - Similar Threads - Pro can't run

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program I also cannot run any new downloads. I also can not factory reboot my pc....
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  7. Msconfig running as a notepad on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig running as a notepad on Windows 10: Hello everyone, i have a problem when i try to use msconfig it launches as a notepad with a lot of codes and numbers in it, i just installed my new windows 10 but i have this problem so im asking if anybody knows...
  8. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad in Windows 10 Pro: I cannot save changes to an existing file in Notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-in-windows-10-pro/88e6fd7e-e990-416e-a70f-d5e0de3a8c10"
  9. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...
  10. Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10: I can't run any application as admin. I have read on some sites that after pressing right click and select Run as admin Y should be prompted with a selection to run as admin, but instead in ALL my apps I just get a dialog with no selection available: [img] It says to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i run notepad as administrator using windows 10 home

2. cant run notepad as administrator

3. cant open notepad as admin