Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So this is the same thread as my previous one, but I have done a fresh install but this time Windows 10 Pro using the Windows Install Creator Tool that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Metroidn1f, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed

So this is the same thread as my previous one, but I have done a fresh install but this time Windows 10 Pro using the Windows Install Creator Tool that Microsoft Provides.

Before and after installing my AV, I was getting close to 500mbps. But after I installed all the updates for Windows, it went back to almost hitting 300mbps.

I will strike out the things that I haven't tried on this FRESH CLEAN INSTALL.

I've got a Gigabit Internet Connection with my ISP, but Windows seems to be capping the speed to no more than 300mbps. I know that it is Windows because when I do a speed test on the same machine, but using Linux instead, I get around 960-980mbps.

Integrated Ethernet Controller I218-V (Gigabit)

Connection Speed is 1000 at full duplex

• I've updated the controller (Downloaded from Intel website)
    • Manually went through every device in device manager and updated each driver (Yes ALL devices by right clicking on and selecting update driver.. Yes there was probably over 200 of them)
    • I've uninstalled the controller, reinstalled it then did ipconfig /flushdnns and ipconfig /renew
    • I've tried disabling my AV and totally removing it
    • I believe I have tried in Safe Mode with Networking
    • I've checked to see if anything else was using my bandwidth to of which nothing was
    • I've ran the network troubleshooter and no problems were detected
    • I've manually configured the ip settings
    • I've disabled all adapters except the ethernet one
    • I've tried through Wi-Fi
    • I've reserved an ip address in my router (I would assume that my mac address still the same after the install and that I wouldn't have to reserve the ip again)
    • Tried different servers when doing the speed test
    • I've tried google speed test and the speed test my ISP offers
    • I've called someone from my ISP to come and look to see if there was a connection problem in the wiring
    • Windows is on an NVME as is Chrome
    • I've ran sfc
    • I've disabled all services except Windows ones
    • I've changed some settings that you can change through netsh (Followed guide)
    • I've tried Edge
    • I've tried incognito
    • I've disabled all protocols except ipv4 and ipv6
    • I've tried with just ipv4 enabled (Trying with just ipv6 was inconclusive)

i7-6850k

GTX 1080Ti

32GB DDR4 3600Mhz

Windows is updated to the latest

HELP ME! I'M DESPERATE!

:)

Metroidn1f, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows Build 1703 capping my internet speeds

After a fresh install of windows 10 pro, I quickly noticed my internet speeds had become horrendous. I usually get around 50mb/s and I am getting 1.5 on download. Although, my Upload speed was normal. I suspect that windows is Capping my internet speed.
    in order to fix this issue I have tried reinstalling my internet drivers, updating my internet driver but they were the latest version, using previous versions of my internet driver, and restarting my router. all the other computers in my house have the normal
    internet speed except this one. I have also tried hard wiring in to see if that would fix the issue , but that did not work either. I have even gone as far as to switch out my motherboard and processor because I had an extra one laying around. I have tried
    installing other versions of windows 10 such as windows N and home, but none of them have worked. I had great speeds on build 1501, but windows would not let me keep it at that version as it would automatically update.

I have no clue what to do at this point. Has anyone had this problem or has any idea how to fix it?

Jim Gerand, Dec 19, 2018
  3. speed cap

my internet should be 200mbps and I only get 30 the rest of my family get the full speed but me and my brother don't so what is capping my speed is it my network adaptor inside my laptop my laptop is a HP 255

xandercole, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed

1. Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed - Similar Threads - Pro Capping Internet

2. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  3. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  4. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  5. Internet speed capped at 10mbps

Internet speed capped at 10mbps: Before continuing, I warn you that my English is not the best. so i have a plan of internet of 1000mbps, i have an ethernet cable cat 8 of 50 meters, it only works at 70mbps - 100 i have no idea why and currently its working at 10mbps and i have no idea how to fix this, i...
  6. Windows capping internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows capping internet speed: Windows is capping my internet speed to 20MBit per second when connected to my routerways i tried connectingNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network through WiFiNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network Through mobile hotspot wifi...
  7. Windows capping internet speed

Windows capping internet speed: Windows is capping my internet speed to 20MBit per second when connected to my routerways i tried connectingNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network through WiFiNetwork Connection is capped when connected to my Home Network Through mobile hotspot wifi...
  8. Windows capping internet speed

9. Internet Speed Capped 1mbps Windows 10

Internet Speed Capped 1mbps Windows 10: Please I need your help okay so my Internet connection plan was 40mbps,and sometimes my internet speed in this laptop is 38-40mbps but sometimes it capped at 1mbps i already try to set as "metered connection" and set limit reversable bandwith to 0 but still no changes....
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise Capping Internet Speed

Windows 10 Enterprise Capping Internet Speed: I've got a Gigabit Internet Connection with my ISP, but Windows seems to be capping the speed to no more than 300mbps. I know that it is Windows because when I do a speed test on the same machine, but using Linux instead, I get around 960-980mbps. Integrated Ethernet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows capping wifi speed at 600kbps