Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hey Guys I have a really strange issue going on, I don't know what Microsoft are up to. Ok so from the top, I have a Sony Vaio which had 8.1pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Hey Guys

I have a really strange issue going on, I don't know what Microsoft are up to.

Ok so from the top, I have a Sony Vaio which had 8.1pro on it, I did an in place upgrade via the media creation tool, and it updated and activated successfully.

I then did a clean install from iso, ( skipped the product key prompts ) and it worked, initially would not active, but after 24 hours it did.

I then ran into a few issues with drivers and thought I would give it 1 more clean install, ( again skipped the product key prompts ) once it loaded, it now states Windows 10 Home version and again will not activate???

Have any of you guys experienced this issue?....do you think it is linked to their activation server issues?

I rang MS and they were very unhelpful ( international call centre ! ), basically said not to do a clean install?

Not sure what to do now, I don't really want to install the original 8.1 sony image as it takes around 3-4 hours!

Any help appreciated.

:)

ancient, Aug 1, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Unable to activate windows

If the device came pre-installed with Windows 8 Home then the key you have located with the command is for Windows 10 Home edition and not Windows 10 Pro. If you changed to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home then you would have needed to buy another licence
    key.

To go back to Windows 10 Home requires a clean install wiping all data from the hard drive.

neilpzz, Aug 1, 2015
  3. LindaBCC Win User
    Is there a way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home?

I have purchased a computer with Windows 10 Home. I have also purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the OS to Windows 10 Pro. After performing the upgrade to Windows 10, the product key information stated "Windows 10 on this device is activated
    with a digital entitlement." Then I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool. Then I performed a clean install of Windows 10 from a USB drive created earlier using the Windows Media Creation Tool. Upon checking the version of Windows, I was frustrated
    to discover the edition was listed as "Windows 10 Home". I performed ANOTHER upgrade of the OS to Windows 10 Pro.

Is there some other way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on this computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home without having to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home followed by an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

LindaBCC, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Did you use the same ISO each time, or did you recreate the ISO from the MCT? If so, you probably created the wrong version.

Mystere, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ancient Win User
    Definitely the same version my friend.

ancient, Aug 1, 2015
  6. ancient Win User
    Tried another clean install with same image, this time did not connect to the internet until the desktop icons had loaded, correct edition and activated.
    Strange?, but resolved.

ancient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install? - Similar Threads - Pro changed Home

1. Windows 10 Pro 1803: Error accessing Change Adaptor Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1803: Error accessing Change Adaptor Options: Hi Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error and if so how do I resolve it, just updated to Windows 10 1803 from 1709, no issues before the update [img] Thanks in advance Ged 112311
  2. Unable to change DNS servers in Windows 10 Home & Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change DNS servers in Windows 10 Home & Pro: Good afternoon all, I've been trying to change DNS servers for the best part of a day but Windows 10 (both Home & Pro) is steadfastly resisting my attempts. I've set the IPv4 adapter settings for both Google and OpenDNS servers but when I run the DNS Leak Test...
  3. Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, i have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I 'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition from usb installation files and not store. After running setup.exe and choosing Upgrade i reach in a screen as this but it says home instead of pro and i...
  4. Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home

Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home: So I bought a laptop on the cheap from ebay (an older HP Elitebook Folio 9480m) and it obviously was in an enterprise. The Windows version is N LTSB 2016. What's the simplest way to change to different version--home or pro? 106990
  5. Windows Clean Reinstall: Windows Pro changed to Home

Windows Clean Reinstall: Windows Pro changed to Home: After finally getting my drives to work (as whined about in a prior thread and I will update there), I did a clean install of Windows 10. I skipped the key part, because every where I looked, it was stated that the installation would activate the prior version. However, I...
  6. How to change a USB Stick from Pro to Home and vice Versa

How to change a USB Stick from Pro to Home and vice Versa: Hi, there is one thing I do not unmderstand when creating a USB Stick using the Media Creation Tool: I can have both flavors, i.e. x64 and x86 on one Stick, but not Home and Pro, why? I thought this is simply a flag that can be set. My task: I have to update several PCs...
  7. How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home?

How do I change from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home?: I think i installed the wrong one and now it tells me to activate windows in the bottom right corner of my screen. 74330