Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys I have a really strange issue going on, I don't know what Microsoft are up to. Ok so from the top, I have a Sony Vaio which had 8.1pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install?

Hey Guys

I have a really strange issue going on, I don't know what Microsoft are up to.

Ok so from the top, I have a Sony Vaio which had 8.1pro on it, I did an in place upgrade via the media creation tool, and it updated and activated successfully.

I then did a clean install from iso, ( skipped the product key prompts ) and it worked, initially would not active, but after 24 hours it did.

I then ran into a few issues with drivers and thought I would give it 1 more clean install, ( again skipped the product key prompts ) once it loaded, it now states Windows 10 Home version and again will not activate???

Have any of you guys experienced this issue?....do you think it is linked to their activation server issues?

I rang MS and they were very unhelpful ( international call centre ! ), basically said not to do a clean install?

Not sure what to do now, I don't really want to install the original 8.1 sony image as it takes around 3-4 hours!

Any help appreciated.

:)

ancient, Aug 1, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Unable to activate windows

If the device came pre-installed with Windows 8 Home then the key you have located with the command is for Windows 10 Home edition and not Windows 10 Pro. If you changed to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home then you would have needed to buy another licence
    key.

To go back to Windows 10 Home requires a clean install wiping all data from the hard drive.

neilpzz, Aug 1, 2015
  3. LindaBCC Win User
    Is there a way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home?

I have purchased a computer with Windows 10 Home. I have also purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the OS to Windows 10 Pro. After performing the upgrade to Windows 10, the product key information stated "Windows 10 on this device is activated
    with a digital entitlement." Then I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool. Then I performed a clean install of Windows 10 from a USB drive created earlier using the Windows Media Creation Tool. Upon checking the version of Windows, I was frustrated
    to discover the edition was listed as "Windows 10 Home". I performed ANOTHER upgrade of the OS to Windows 10 Pro.

Is there some other way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on this computer that originally shipped with Windows 10 Home without having to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home followed by an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

LindaBCC, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Did you use the same ISO each time, or did you recreate the ISO from the MCT? If so, you probably created the wrong version.

Mystere, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ancient Win User
    Definitely the same version my friend.

ancient, Aug 1, 2015
  6. ancient Win User
    Tried another clean install with same image, this time did not connect to the internet until the desktop icons had loaded, correct edition and activated.
    Strange?, but resolved.

ancient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro changed to Windows 10 Home after another clean install? - Similar Threads - Pro changed Home

2. Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install: I followed all instructions and performed a successful clean install after adding a SSD drive to PC that was activated with digital PRO license before hardware change. Windows is insisting that I purchase Windows PRO version upgrade again. What did I do wrong?...
  3. Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install: I followed all instructions and performed a successful clean install after adding a SSD drive to PC that was activated with digital PRO license before hardware change. Windows is insisting that I purchase Windows PRO version upgrade again. What did I do wrong?...
  4. Windows 10 PRO license activates as HOME after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 10 pro after a clean install

10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  6. Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install

Windows Home instead of Pro after clean install: Hi,I had a couple of issues with my Windows installation and repair didn't work, so I decided to do a clean installation of my Windows Pro, which had a digital license showing in my MS account. I reinstalled from an USB media and I was quite baffled when I figured out it had...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home: Would like to confirm if can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home? Is there any issue on this ? Laptop has windows 10 home pre-installed I purchased a windows 10 pro OEM license -As per sales I can't upgrade windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  9. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...