Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like the OS to look like this inside of the file explorer and I cannot figure out how to achieve this without potentially breaking my system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zcvny, Nov 28, 2021.

1. zcvny Win User

Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7

I would like the OS to look like this inside of the file explorer and I cannot figure out how to achieve this without potentially breaking my system. My next step is to look for Windows 7 themes but this one is pretty specific.

:)

zcvny, Nov 28, 2021
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Nov 28, 2021
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Phil D Win User

File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

Hello! First time posting here.

I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists.

I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default:

Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7 [​IMG]

to this:

Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7 [​IMG]

Notice they are folder icons with the unique icon picture 'overlay'

Brief history:
    • I have had my HP Spectre x360 15 (4K touch display) for about 6 weeks.
    • Initial file transfer was done using Windows (7) Easy Transfer (migwiz) which I have used on other machines without incident. Using the advanced selection; no settings were transferred, just Documents, Pictures, Music, Video.
    • I do not use any outside themes; just experimented a few times using the built in HP themes.
    • I have gone so far as to try overriding the current icons using the registry modifications mentioned in this Ten Forums post: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10
    • When I tried the suggestions in Option One, the only change which occurred was that the unique icon picture was removed and only the plain folder icon remained. Yet the registry entries outlined in Option 2 “Change Icons of Folders in This PC for All Users” all appear to be correct.
    • There are no “exotic” programs on the computer – just Office 365, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements, Bootstrap Studio, Inkscape, etc.
    Purchased at the same time was an HP Envy x360 laptop which is almost identical in specifications and installed programs except it has a regular Full HD touch screen (1920x1080). The Navigation Pane icons there are the expected 'default' as shown in the second screenshot.

Any ideas what may have caused this and any suggestions how to get the default icons back?

Phil D, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Pro Changing Navigation

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing: Recently an update must have occurred or something as in the past few days, when I go to save something as "Save As", the navigation pane does not show even though it is selected in the options under the view tab. I've searched all over this page and see where it's happened...
  4. windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing: Recently an update must have occurred or something as in the past few days, when I go to save something as "Save As", the navigation pane does not show even though it is selected in the options under the view tab. I've searched all over this page and see where it's happened...
  5. windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7

Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7: I would like the OS to look like this inside of the file explorer and I cannot figure out how to achieve this without potentially breaking my system. My next step is to look for Windows 7 themes but this one is pretty specific....
  7. Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro, Changing the Navigation pane to the right; that of Windows 7: I would like the OS to look like this inside of the file explorer and I cannot figure out how to achieve this without potentially breaking my system. My next step is to look for Windows 7 themes but this one is pretty specific....
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Windows 10 Navigation pane

Windows 10 Navigation pane: I have installed adobe creative cloud but its folder is showing in the navigate pane. I want to remove it from there. Will you please help me to do this. 13320
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888