Windows 10: Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to...

Discus and support Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions than the original drive I want to merge the other partitions but I had previously done this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Sep 14, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to...

Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions than the original drive I want to merge the other partitions but I had previously done this and could not update win10.The merge operation worked with no issues before but I do not want to merge the system reserved partition as it can be any one of these partitions of the 3 that are not the c system drive.

:)

kjl1956, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Klusie31 Win User

Clone hard drive partition

I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A.

Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows 10 to a like

partition on hard drive A, and, must I reformat the destination partition on hard drive A or will AOMEI partition assistant automatically take

care of that???

Any help I get on this will be greatly appreciated.

Klusie31, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Sep 14, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to... - Similar Threads - pro cloned hard

2. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  3. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  4. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  5. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  6. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cloning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Hard Drive: I use an ssd for booting windows and I had a bad 1TB hard drive which I'm now cloning to a better 2TB hard drive using Macrium Reflect. The cloning is almost done (90%) but I have a few questions. How does it work with the download/picture/documents folder in File...
  8. Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive: Hello, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me when I install Windows 10 Pro and get to the partitions (partitioning) the document partition is the first but I want the Windows partition to be...
  9. Clone hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone hard drive partition: I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A. Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows...
  10. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....