Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I've never had any major issues with Windows 10 Pro which required asking in the community. But today, something terrible is happening!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ListenToPANDA, May 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup.

Hello there,

I've never had any major issues with Windows 10 Pro which required asking in the community.

But today, something terrible is happening!

The desktop and taskbar just won't load up. The boot time seemed normal as usual, but after typing in the password, the welcome message seemed to stick there for quite a while. Earlier I was taken into the desktop right away after typing in the correct password. But to my horror after waiting for some time with the welcome message, I was taken to a blank desktop (without any icons) and a taskbar which just wouldn't load its stuff. I know that taskbar might take a while to show everything up properly but, this time it just won't do anything. Of course I first tried to do a right click > refresh as everyone would do for the first time, but any form of clicks won't work. Also if I take the cursor over the taskbar, it would show the blue processing wheel sign. I locked it by pressing windows + L and shut it down from there (clicks seem to work fine while in lockscreen), and again turned it on after a while. No luck... The same thing keeps happening on and on, no matter how many times I turned off and on. I dived a bit deeper and rebooted into safe mode, but the same thing happens there too, in safe mode, to my disbelief. Although... It felt like windows was trying hard to load things up but something was hindering it from doing so. Later I also managed to open task manager, only to see that the CPU and disk usages were 100%. Not to mention, everything is so laggy and freezy at this point. Even opening and closing task manager would take minutes. From task manager, I tried to disable everything from startup, thinking that a program might be the culprit, but no luck again. Then from the task manager, I ended the explorer.exe task and ran it again as a new task, but that didn't do the job either.

This was everything I could from my side. Everything (including cursor movement) is super duper laggy which makes it almost impossible to even open the start menu. After leaving my laptop open for some time, I noticed that some pinned programs started appearing on the taskbar but they were gone instantly followed by a black screen and the same old faulty taskbar again. Note: Desktop icons never ever appeared, not even for an instant.

Here is something which happened yesterday that might have caused the issue (I'm not sure though):

The laptop was plugged in and charging well until I removed the pin and it went crazy. It just froze (partially) and became un-responsive to clicks and buttons presses. I somehow managed to shut it down, but I think it wasn't a proper shut down after all. I think it shouldn't be a software issue because everything was going fine until yesterday's shut down and today's turning on.

I badly need help!!!

Thank you so very much in advance, for acknowledging my issue and helping me to solve it.

-Shakti

:)

ListenToPANDA, May 19, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup. [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup. [​IMG]

4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup.

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup.

1. Windows 10 Pro: Desktop and taskbar won't load on startup. - Similar Threads - Pro Desktop taskbar

2. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar slow to load on startup: Whenever my I open my laptop and login, the taskbar takes a few minutes to load. It just appears blank. I tried some solutions like disabling some unwanted apps on the startup tabs in the task manager, or rebuilding the icon caches but the problem still persists....
  3. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar slow to load on startup: Whenever my I open my laptop and login, the taskbar takes a few minutes to load. It just appears blank. I tried some solutions like disabling some unwanted apps on the startup tabs in the task manager, or rebuilding the icon caches but the problem still persists....
  4. Windows 10 taskbar not loading on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar not loading on startup: So when I start up my pc, my taskbar does not show any app, just window and search buttons. A few seconds later, the apps will eventually show, but just takes an uncomfortable amount of time. Also, the Windows app drawer quick access or whatever you call it is also not there....
  5. Taskbar not Loading on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not Loading on Startup: Hello, got a problem where my Taskbar wont load after I start my PC. It started when I opened Netflix in my Browser and my whole PC didnt respond anymore.I restarted and once it was finished the taskbar didnt load. The Explorer though seems to start and is even shown in the...
  6. Taskbar not Loading on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not Loading on Startup: Hello, got a problem where my Taskbar wont load after I start my PC. It started when I opened Netflix in my Browser and my whole PC didnt respond anymore.I restarted and once it was finished the taskbar didnt load. The Explorer though seems to start and is even shown in the...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar won't load upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar won't load upon startup: Hi there, for the past few days, my taskbar including icons etc will not load after I log into Windows. I experience the same thing as in the following...
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Not Loading on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar Not Loading on Startup: Title is self-explanatory. I have Windows installed on a M.2 SSD and every time I start my PC, all the applications on the taskbar never load up. I have to literally click on the taskbar once, and then the page will refresh and all the apps will show up. I have done...
  9. Desktop and taskbar not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and taskbar not loading: When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a spinning cursor whenever I hover over it and I cannot navigate to or open any apps to fix this....
  10. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar wont appear at startup