Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chg101, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Chg101 Win User

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am.

Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license from my old laptop to the new one.

The old laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home OEM, which I upgraded to Pro using the Microsoft Store Upgrade earlier this year. I've now gone through the steps of linking my Microsoft Account one my old laptop so that I get the "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message with my Windows 10 Pro license and I made sure my device appears on my Microsoft account.

On my new laptop, I connected my Microsoft account, but the license shows as Windows 10 Home. I then ran the "slmgr /upk" command to uninstall the license from the old laptop and I also removed the old laptop from my Microsoft account. Still, if I try the Activation troubleshoot on the new laptop, it always stays on the Windows 10 Home license.

I'm out of ideas, every article I read about transferring a retail Windows 10 Pro digital license said that it was as easy as linking the license to my Microsoft account and then connecting that account on the new PC, but that doesn't work.

Basically, I want my old laptop to revert to its original Windows 10 Home OEM license and I want to upgrade my new laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using my digital license bought on the Microsoft Store.

Anybody here knows how to fix this mess?

Thanks

:)

Chg101, Dec 29, 2019
  2. C-S-C Win User

I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account on a HP Probook laptop. I had upgraded to this version from a WIndows 7 Ultimate edition.

Now I have a new laptop with WIndows 10 Home. I want to transfer the Pro license to this new laptop. Once I transfer my data from old laptop to the new one, I would reformat the old one and give it away.

I can see both laptops in my Microsoft account but I do not see any option to transfer license to the new one.

I need advice on how to transfer. I tried looking for options under Activate but I only see option to buy a new Pro license

C-S-C, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Question, the Windows 10 Pro license you bought and upgraded to, is it the $99 upgrade or the full $199 license?

If its the $99 upgrade Microsoft says its not transferable.

If its the $199 full price license, then you should have a digital license you can use to reactivate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer - Similar Threads - Pro digital license

2. Windows 10 Digital License not transfering.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License not transfering.: Hello, I recently switched PCs and removed my digital license on that pc. I'm now on my new one and windows isn't activated. I've never had this issue before, I have windows 10 home and the digital license is linked to my microsoft account which I already added....
  3. window 10 digital license transfer

window 10 digital license transfer: I got laptop from prime minister laptop scheme in 2018 with pre installed window 10. After 1 year my window show me a tag that your window is not activate.. meanwhile I link another pc with my Microsoft account and download window 10 from Microsoft.. After installing window...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro digital license to another computer: Hello, Can I transfer my free upgrade of Windows 10 Professional digital license to another newer computer with Windows 10 Home already activated?...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?: I am looking to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my current laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I intend to do this via the Microsoft Store for £120. The laptop I am working on does have some issues but I require the Windows 10 functionality now. Should this laptop be replaced under...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer: Hello all, So i recently built a new computer and wanted to transfer my digital Windows 10 Pro license to it from my old computer. Even after hours of research on the internet on how to do that i still cant get my finger around it. Could somebody please help me with my...
  7. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I'm about to upgrade my HDD to an SSD, but I'm not sure how to go about getting my copy of Windows 10 onto it. I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 years ago, and used the free upgrade to Windows 10 within the past couple of years. I've since lost the original install disc,...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I have been reading a few of the older threads but thought it might be better to open a new thread. My desktop was running retail Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10. It received a new key and the 7 key was no longer valid. Last night I did a clean Windows 10 install on...
  10. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: Hello, I am having trouble transferring my Windows 10 license from my old laptop to my new PC. My laptop came with Windows 8 Home installed, but I later purchased the retail version of Windows 8 Pro, and then also upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. I used...