Windows 10: Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!

Discus and support Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer has Windows 10 pro 64bit and recently does not detect keyboard input on the windows search and simply anywhere I can input letter on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Captain_melons, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!

My computer has Windows 10 pro 64bit and recently does not detect keyboard input on the windows search and simply anywhere I can input letter on windows Settings.

I can use the keyboard normally on other apps / games / Browsers.

I only use ESET internet Security 14.0.22.0 as internet protection and anti-virus.

Please help!

:)

Captain_melons, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!

1. Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!! - Similar Threads - pro does detect

2. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  3. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  4. Windows search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search bar does not work: Hi team I just bought a Toshiba laptop with on Windows 10, version 20H2. I have a problem with a "window search". Not working. If you type in it and click to search, you will be wandering around with no result. I will be grateful if you could help me....
  5. Windows search bar does not work

in Cortana
    Windows search bar does not work: Hi team I just bought a Toshiba laptop with on Windows 10, version 20H2. I have a problem with a "window search". Not working. If you type in it and click to search, you will be wandering around with no result. I will be grateful if you could help me....
  6. Search Bar / Start does not respond to keyboard, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar / Start does not respond to keyboard, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2: I see a lot of posts with the same issue. I've tried a handful of suggestions but the problem still exists. Can I assume this will be addressed in a future Update? My keyboard works just fine every where else, it's just the Search Bar along with the Windows icon in the...
  7. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

in Cortana
    Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input: Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard. I have all possible solutions posted on the Internet, including answers posted on this Forum. This has been happening since last two weeks, after the recent OS...
  8. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  9. help search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help search bar: [ATTACH] type here to search is gone from the search bar https://preview.redd.it/nvw4bbqgjqy41.jpg?width=348&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6f3b29e2e6e7d24f4d5504ae2ad90a733de98cdb submitted by /u/NiceIndependent6 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"