Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am logged in to Windows 10 Pro as an Administrator. The operating system refuses to allow me to unzip an executable file to a folder on my C Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rauckr, Jan 28, 2016.

1. rauckr Win User

Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account

I am logged in to Windows 10 Pro as an Administrator. The operating system refuses to allow me to unzip an executable file to a folder on my C Drive failing because an Administrator account is required. It does not give me the option to provide my password to authorize the process. This problem surfaced when I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 late last year. Any help would be appreciated. I found search results info suggesting that an embedded manifest embedded in the file may be involved. I can't find a folder where I am allowed to unzip the file.

:)

rauckr, Jan 28, 2016

2. windows 10 user accounts

Does windows pro 10 have an "administrator" account?

Richard E. Woodford, Jan 28, 2016
  3. tvo36 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro, Administrator Account does not allow the use of Cortana or Edge.

Hi Ruth,

Method 3 does work & bring back Microsoft Edge to my computer after disappearing for almost 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Trung Vo

tvo36, Jan 28, 2016
  4. rauckr Win User

I found a location where the file can be saved without an error message. It is the Download Folder.

rauckr, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Pro does recognize

2. my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop does not recognize me as a administrator: I recently decided to check out the setting for virus and threat protection and when i clicked on manage settings it had told me this setting is managed by your administrator when i am the administrator of my laptop and im the only one who uses it.How do i solve this issue...
  3. Windows not recognizing administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not recognizing administrator: Today I got on my laptop and it was running off so I went to reboot it. When I click the windows button in the corner and press the power it says, “There are currently no power options available.” So I thought that’s weird and I started looking around at other things. I tried...
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access [email protected]????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem...
  5. Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access [email protected]????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem...
  6. My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC does not recognize me as administrator.: How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have administrative capapbilities. This in File Explorer....
  7. Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Swedish keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Swedish keyboard: After installing a new Lenovo thinkstation computer and windows 10 pro with an old US standard keyboard mouse, I removed them and installed a new mouse and my Swedish keyboard. Windows still thinks it is a standard US keyboard. The keyboard was used on my old Dell system...
  8. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  9. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  10. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator: I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function. Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not recongzie administrator

2. not recognised as administrator windows 10

3. windows 10 does not recognise administrator account

4. windows 10 wont recognize administrator