Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I click on the shutdown button under the windows logo; the screen goes black and then the desktop comes back. I made a shortcut of a shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AltugGok, Dec 3, 2019.

1. AltugGok Win User

Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

When I click on the shutdown button under the windows logo; the screen goes black and then the desktop comes back. I made a shortcut of a shutdown command-line on my desktop to see if it's a hardware problem but I can shutdown the pc by clicking that.

Is this a bug or some BIOS thing? I think related to Windows because in that case the PC would not have shutdown with the command line too but there's no problem with that.

:)

AltugGok, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

little cat, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

1. Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown - Similar Threads - Pro does shutdown

2. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  3. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown: Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste, delete, rename, etc. I have to refresh manually to make the change appear. To make things worse I can't shut down the...
  4. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown: Hi, I have an ASUS VivoBook that I was using for two years with Windows 10. However now, Windows does not refresh automatically. Whenever I do a paste, delete, rename, etc. I have to refresh manually to make the change appear. To make things worse I can't shut down the...
  5. Windows does not refresh automatically and does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop does not Shutdown

Laptop does not Shutdown: I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop even after I do a shutdown and the light on the Power off button goes off the laptop does not switch off and as soon as I open the laptop it boots up as if it is waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. How do I ensure the laptop actually Shuts...
  7. surface pro X shutdown randomly (windows 10 pro 20H2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro X shutdown randomly (windows 10 pro 20H2): I bought the surface pro X on May/2021. The issue has been recorded here. Initially, it hibernates after turning on for a few seconds. After I disable the hibernation mode, It shut down twice today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...62b9c79?auth=1 I have the V2 log files...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Random Shutdowns: I own 2 computers running Windows 10 Pro 1909, and one of the machines will randomly shutdown whether I'm using it or it's just sitting. I'm very experienced with Windows and have made sure all of my settings are set correctly. I have every update installed as well. Is this...
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button problem: Please (again) for help? After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 1809, the shutdown button also works as the reboot button. Initially (normal) indicates that the computer turns off, the screen turns black, but starts charging again after a while? I tried the repair tools, but they...
  10. Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown: Hi, My HP Pavilion G6 laptop is no more booting into Windows 10 after I did a forced shutdown 3 days back when the system was hung. I am not sure if some Windows 10 update was running in the background when I forced a shutdown. Till now I have tried the following; -...