Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop which I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home. However, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to wireless hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Daniel Liu_8057, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

I have a laptop which I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home. However, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to wireless hard disks, including a Seagate hard disk which a lot of important files are stored.

How do I downgrade from Pro back to Home, given that I do not have a Windows 10 Home product key? I have the product key for Pro, just not Home

Thanks

:)

Daniel Liu_8057, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hello wetenhr, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key? :)

You could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the generic key under step 1. You'll still be using the same version that you currently have installed, but you will be able to update to the latest version and build via Windows Update.

When it's finished downgrading, you could try to activate Windows 10 Pro with your Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate key. If unsuccessful, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro key from the Store to use to activate with.

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your quick response and help, But I was told that if I inserted the Windows 10 Pro product key into the activation section it will be downgraded automatically like the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app and click Update & Security.
    2. Open Activation and click Change product key.
    3. Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key and click Next.
    4. Restart the computer after the new product key is activated.
    Can this be helpful ?

Ahmed Samir_959, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

1. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key? - Similar Threads - Pro downgrade Home

2. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?: I had a Windows 10 pro edition with no product key, after downgrading to home, i've decided to buy a product key. Should I buy product key home or pro?...
  3. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?: I had a Windows 10 pro edition with no product key, after downgrading to home, i've decided to buy a product key. Should I buy product key home or pro?...
  4. Should I buy a product key for Home after downgrading from Pro to Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  6. upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.: Windows10 home was loaded on my laptop when I purchased it. I now want to upgrade to 10 pro, but am being told I need original product key for 10 home. Please help! How can I get the upgrade, or prove I have the 10 home legitimately? Thanks....
  7. downgrade pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade pro to home: i tried to downgrade my pro to home single which was first there on my laptop using usb flashdrive media creation tool is giving error i aldready have that oem product key mounted on my motherboard ....
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key: I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home: Yes, the title looks dumb but it really happened, I reinstalled my Windows using the .iso, everything ran smoothly no activation prompt just a fresh install of Windows 10 I thought, but It wasn't. I found out that my Windows 10 Pro license got downgraded to a Home Single...
  10. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...