Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently (31/10) upgraded a PC from Windows Home to Pro via the PC and Microsoft account online. I just noticed the System setting is show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShellharbourSLSC, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update

Hi,

I recently (31/10) upgraded a PC from Windows Home to Pro via the PC and Microsoft account online.

I just noticed the System setting is show Home again.

The only activity for updates since has been MS updates.

I have paid for the upgrade and no longer have it.

No licence number is provided by the digital upgrade and the MS Account also now says Device has Home installed.

How do i get the Pro version back that i have paid for?

Thanks

:)

ShellharbourSLSC, Dec 8, 2018
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Dec 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Dec 8, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update

1. Windows 10 Pro downgraded automatically by Windows Update - Similar Threads - Pro downgraded automatically

2. Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have bought new laptop with license Windows 11 Pro that already installed. Can I install Windows 10 Pro and use license Windows 11 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-pro/2128d3ca-2c2c-47e8-b261-7a19bee1208b
  3. Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have bought new laptop with license Windows 11 Pro that already installed. Can I install Windows 10 Pro and use license Windows 11 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-pro/2128d3ca-2c2c-47e8-b261-7a19bee1208b
  4. Downgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro was somehow automatically downgraded to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro was somehow automatically downgraded to Windows 10 Home: I use my HP Envy m7 Notebook computer every day. Due to off-grid power constraints, I turn it off every day when I'm done with it. I have Windows 10 Pro due to my need to use the VPN and other network features. The PC started with Windows 7 Home, I upgraded it to paid Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Pro was somehow automatically downgraded to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro was somehow automatically downgraded to Windows 10 Home: I use my HP Envy m7 Notebook computer every day. Due to off-grid power constraints, I turn it off every day when I'm done with it. I have Windows 10 Pro due to my need to use the VPN and other network features. The PC started with Windows 7 Home, I upgraded it to paid Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Pro was somehow automatically downgraded to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 pro downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro downgrade: Hello, I had Windows 7 and was offered to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I clicked on the upgrade/install tab its been so long ago, I cant remember which on it was and Windows 10 was there. I then kept getting a message that told me that I needed to go to settings to...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Downgrade

Windows 10 Pro Downgrade: Hi, I just upgraded my windows 10 Home to Pro with the key provided by my university but it seems it doesn't work right and they don't know why. How can I downgrade my windows back?...
  10. Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education

Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education: Hello I'm running into an issue at work where half my fleet of new machines with Windows 10 Education 1809 is now downgraded to Windows 10 Pro Education. Why is this happening and how do I get regular Education back? The below image shows two machines that were imaged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatic downgraded to pro from enterprise?

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Downgraded laptop from PRO to Home