Windows 10: Windows 10 pro download speed problems

Discus and support Windows 10 pro download speed problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. So i bought a brand new PC today with a TP Link Dual Band wifi adapter. Before downloading anything, i head over to speed test and find that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeyCH, Oct 9, 2020.

1. JoeyCH Win User

Windows 10 pro download speed problems

Hi. So i bought a brand new PC today with a TP Link Dual Band wifi adapter. Before downloading anything, i head over to speed test and find that my internet is working perfectly fine (35mbps download). But as soon as i start downloading a game, it drops drastically down to 3mbps! Ive tried so many fixes/driver updates/ troubleshoots, you name it... and still no results, all other devices at home are at 35mbps with no issues. Even tried ethernet cable and its still not fixed.

So whats going on you think? Is it windows 10 pro? The adapter itself? Or my ISP? Or something broken in the PC?

I can browse the net just fine. Its only about the download speed while in the action of downloading. Please help.

:)

JoeyCH, Oct 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 9, 2020
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 pro download speed problems

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro download speed problems

1. Windows 10 pro download speed problems - Similar Threads - pro download speed

2. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  3. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  4. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  5. Problem with download speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with download speeds: I checked my wifi and its working perfectly. I can stream in HD on netflix and stuff on my laptop and all other devices. But when i try to download something on my laptop it does so extremely slowly. I have even checked my wifi speed and it is showing download speed as 20 -...
  6. How to increase download speed on Windows 10 pro 2019

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase download speed on Windows 10 pro 2019: I just installed Windows 10pro on a lenovo v130-151GM 4GB 500gb HDD. My download speed is always in kilobytes even after downloading IDM(internet download manager). I've Reset My Windows now so I need help in optimizing my Windows for faster download speeds. submitted by...
  7. Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro: Starting about the middle of January 2020 my download speed dropped from 160 MB to 3-25MB. I have tried all the suggestions I have found in the community as well as purchased a new wifi adapter thinking that was the problem. On a wired connection I get 230 MB. My roommate and...
  8. Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed

Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed: Alright so I have been having some confusion with internet download speeds. I have an Xbox One S which before I purchased a pc it was wired to the internet at all times and the download speed was great. Our internet provider gives us 100 download and around 10-12 upload which...
  9. Downloading speed -windows 10

Downloading speed -windows 10: I have a 20mbps internet speed wifi but when I download something by any browser the downloading speed reduced to 100kb. LAptop- acer nitro 5 ryzen- windows 10- chrome/edge/Avast browsers * Moved from Internet Explorer...
  10. Download Speeds on Windows 10.

Download Speeds on Windows 10.: So I have 100mb/s internet, and normally that led to about 90mb/s to 70mb/s actual download speed for games etc. But ever since one windows update awhile back everything has gone down to 10mb/s - 2mb/s range. To which I thought maybe my internet just went trash, but no, I if...