Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NikolasKostakis, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios:

a. Assembled from parts new pc

b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS

I've searched around but haven't managed to find Microsoft's statement on this or may be my searching was too sloppy. I would very much appreciate your pointing me in the right direction, but could you please quote me chapter and verse if possible.

Thank you very much,

Nikolas

:)

NikolasKostakis, Aug 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 FPP or DSP?

I just bought a new laptop and need to buy Windows 10 to install to the computer since its a lot cheaper to buy it separately. However, as I was browsing through shops, there is Windows 10 FPP and Windows 10 DSP. What is the difference of FFP and DSP?
    I dont want to make a silly mistake and buy the wrong once...

BrianKangAzn, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 FPP or DSP?

FPP - Full version (Retail):

- Includes transfer rights to another computer.

- Doesn't require a previous qualifying version of Windows.

- Expensive

DSP - OEM :

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license (DSP, OEM, FPP) is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios:

a. Assembled from parts new pc

b. New branded pc (Dell, HP etc.) bought with no OS (FreeDOS/FreeOS)

I've searched around but haven't managed to find Microsoft's statement on this ( or may be my searching was too sloppy). I would very much appreciate your pointing me in the right direction, but could you please quote me chapter and verse if possible.

Thank you very much,

Nikolas

NikolasKostakis, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

1. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP - Similar Threads - Pro DSP OEM

2. win 10 pro oem vs win pro fpp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 pro oem vs win pro fpp: Hi, i have hp laptop with pre installed win 10 home, i want to upgrade it into win 10 pro, could it be possible if i buy win 10 pro OEM ? or i should buy win 10 pro FPP Or both can work. thank you...
  3. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key: Hi, Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key. Is there any way to check the type of license? and I heard that "slmgr/dli" can check license type but cannot check MSDN...
  4. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM: I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from parts new pc b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS I've searched around but haven't managed to...
  5. Retail vs Retail FPP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retail vs Retail FPP: Hi there. I just came across a webshop that sells license keys. I bought 4 X Windows 10 Pro Retail keys. When done, I read that the shop says the key can only be activated one time and on one device only. To me that defeats the purpose of retail. Just to test I activated one...
  6. Activation vs. OEM key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation vs. OEM key: I am intending to purchase a new Windows 10 key, since I purchased a new motherboard that was apart of a custom build. What is the exact difference between these two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-vs-oem-key/83e32b8f-37cb-4704-9588-06f17650c81a
  7. Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro: Accidentally purchased Windows 10 OEM version. From what I've read, this isn't the end of the world just some limitations if I decide to switch MOBOs. I started the install and it came to provide a product key. I have absolutely 0 product key on this thing. No multicolored...
  8. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 fpp vs oem

2. windows oem vs dsp