Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NikolasKostakis, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios:

a. Assembled from parts new pc

b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS

I've searched around but haven't managed to find Microsoft's statement on this or may be my searching was too sloppy. I would very much appreciate your pointing me in the right direction, but could you please quote me chapter and verse if possible.

Thank you very much,

Nikolas

:)

NikolasKostakis, Aug 16, 2020

2. Dsp?

What is a DSP copy of windows XP? I was looking online for cheap prices for Windows XP Professional (I like to be legit, but cheap), and found a "DSP - means the CD included with this product is a Hologram CD and not a CD labeled by a specific computer manufacturer (i.e. Dell, HP, etc.)" note on the purchase page. This is a fully working OEM copy of Windows XP Pro right? Is there something wrong with it, or is it just like a distributable copy?

On that note, anyone know of a site to get XP Pro for cheap?

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 16, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    Dsp?

it is a dsp - distributable service pack which means it was meant to be a non retail volume purchase pack.

in short its an oem hologram cd. the confusion is were dealers sell dell labeled cds as dsp meaning dell service pack cds. see where the slide of hand comes in lol. and stay away from academic cds i think the code expires after a year or two

all in all as long as its a hologram your ok. if its a dell cd you better get a good discount as many of those are stolen even though they work. its safest to find the retail part number for it then look for an oem version with that part number and you'll be safe.

even with all its faults vista isnt bad and only $20 more than xp sells for anyway so the best move is to just get vista home 32bit if your buying an operating system anyway.

keakar, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

1. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM - Similar Threads - Pro DSP OEM

2. win 10 pro oem vs win pro fpp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 pro oem vs win pro fpp: Hi, i have hp laptop with pre installed win 10 home, i want to upgrade it into win 10 pro, could it be possible if i buy win 10 pro OEM ? or i should buy win 10 pro FPP Or both can work. thank you...
  3. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key: Hi, Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key. Is there any way to check the type of license? and I heard that "slmgr/dli" can check license type but cannot check MSDN...
  4. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP: I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from parts new pc b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS I've searched around but haven't managed to...
  5. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM: I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro: Accidentally purchased Windows 10 OEM version. From what I've read, this isn't the end of the world just some limitations if I decide to switch MOBOs. I started the install and it came to provide a product key. I have absolutely 0 product key on this thing. No multicolored...
  7. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  8. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384