Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I put the taskbar on the BOTTOM, I'm ABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next. When I put the taskbar on the TOP, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlateQuest, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

When I put the taskbar on the BOTTOM, I'm ABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next.

When I put the taskbar on the TOP, I'm UNABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next.

I do NOT have the taskbar locked and have checked all Taskbar settings.

:)

AlateQuest, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Taskbar - Dual Monitors taskbar programs task size are unproportional

Hello there,

I have a dual monitor setup with a Surface Pro 4. The size of the program tasks on taskbar for the dual monitors is unproportional compared to the taskbar on my Surface Pro 4. The scaling of the dual monitors is 100% whereas the scaling on the Surface Pro
    4 is at 200% which is recommended. I also have the "Combine taskbar buttons" set to "never" for the main display and multiple displays.

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items [​IMG]

AlexanderShim, Feb 23, 2021
  4. patrickt Win User

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

Dual Monitor Problem

Overall I'm delighted with Windows 10 but I have one relatively minor problem with my dual monitors. The taskbar on the second monitor won't auto-hide. It just sits there.

Any suggestions?

patrickt, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

1. Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items - Similar Threads - Pro Dual Monitor

2. Dual monitor taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor taskbar bug: I have a dual monitor setup and on the left one i usually have youtube or discord and on the right one minecraft. When i want to do something on the left monitor my minecraft goes away and when i click on the icon at the taskbar it comes back. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  3. Unable to move items in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to move items in Windows Mail: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all options on the...
  4. Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake: I'm running dual monitors (1440p main, 1080p secondary) and I want my taskbar positioned on my secondary monitor. After the computer wakes up from sleeping the taskbar is always repositioned back to the primary monitor. 1) I will not reassign my 1440p main display to be the...
  5. Dual monitor taskbar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor taskbar question: Hello I recently reset my PC and before I had my monitor setup to where my taskbar on my 2nd monitor didn't exist at all, now it's there I can't remove it and it's also showing what's open on a specific monitor, I want all my tabs to be on one taskbar on one monitor thanks...
  6. Move item to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move item to taskbar.: I want Desktop icon "PBS Schedules" moved to task bar. Searched but cannot find. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-item-to-taskbar/349fe060-5e77-407f-913a-70279303b7ad
  7. Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors

Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors: I just added a second monitor to my setup. The second one has the taskbar disabled for simplicity. The taskbar on the main monitor is now extremely slow when right-clicking clicking an app and when pressing "close window" after right-clicking an app very often nothing happens...
  8. Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Icons on Dual Monitors: On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the...
  9. Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration: I have a dual monitor setup and I'm trying to not have to buy Display Fusion. Does anyone know if it's possible in stock windows 10 to remove the startmeny icon and clock from the secondary monitor taskbar whilst keeping the taskbar itself? i.e make it empty. I use it to...
  10. Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors: I tried searching for info on the forum, but I guess it doesn't like Pale Moon as I got no (0) results for several queries. At TAFE, several rooms have dual monitor PCs set up with W10 (b10240) installed. There is one decent monitor and one small monitor. Each monitor...