Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I put the taskbar on the BOTTOM, I'm ABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next. When I put the taskbar on the TOP, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlateQuest, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

When I put the taskbar on the BOTTOM, I'm ABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next.

When I put the taskbar on the TOP, I'm UNABLE to move/drag individual items from one monitor to the next.

I do NOT have the taskbar locked and have checked all Taskbar settings.

:)

AlateQuest, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Taskbar - Dual Monitors taskbar programs task size are unproportional

Hello there,

I have a dual monitor setup with a Surface Pro 4. The size of the program tasks on taskbar for the dual monitors is unproportional compared to the taskbar on my Surface Pro 4. The scaling of the dual monitors is 100% whereas the scaling on the Surface Pro
    4 is at 200% which is recommended. I also have the "Combine taskbar buttons" set to "never" for the main display and multiple displays.

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items [​IMG]

AlexanderShim, Feb 23, 2021
  4. patrickt Win User

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

Dual Monitor Problem

Overall I'm delighted with Windows 10 but I have one relatively minor problem with my dual monitors. The taskbar on the second monitor won't auto-hide. It just sits there.

Any suggestions?

patrickt, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items

1. Windows 10 Pro Dual Monitor Taskbar on Top unable to move items - Similar Threads - Pro Dual Monitor

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Bug on Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Bug on Dual Monitor: Hello,I've noticed that when I have my taskbar enabled for both monitors, pressing the windows icon in the taskbar on my secondary monitor causes the taskbar on my primary monitor to freak out.The taskbar will either disappear entirely off my main monitor, or will bug out...
  3. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  4. Move Taskbar to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Taskbar to top: How can I move taskbar to the top? The RegEdit change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar-to-top/3b23fd96-2142-4ec8-97a0-6e31a8a7d9bb
  5. Taskbar move to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  6. Taskbar move to top

Taskbar move to top: How can I move taskbar to the top of display. The REGEDIG change value from "03" to "01" no longer works since I installed Windows 11 version 22H2 on 10/11/22. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-move-to-top/25574d4a-c502-4cd3-b03c-6ae3574c4599
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top

Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top: I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but often when I highlight and select an open application in my taskbar, the window for that item flashes quickly on screen, and I'm assuming is brought to front and put in focus, before returning to where it was. For example, if I...
  8. Dual monitors setup - items on second monitor move to first monitor when they turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors setup - items on second monitor move to first monitor when they turn off: Hello,I have a dual monitor setup 2k 144hz and the following problem:Windows 10 Pro is set to turn them off after 10 mins of inactivity; whenever it does this, whatever I had on the second monitor browser windows, apps etc. gets moved to the first screen, so when I come back...
  9. Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake: I'm running dual monitors (1440p main, 1080p secondary) and I want my taskbar positioned on my secondary monitor. After the computer wakes up from sleeping the taskbar is always repositioned back to the primary monitor. 1) I will not reassign my 1440p main display to be the...
  10. Move item to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move item to taskbar.: I want Desktop icon "PBS Schedules" moved to task bar. Searched but cannot find. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-item-to-taskbar/349fe060-5e77-407f-913a-70279303b7ad